Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southend fan in peace

2»

Comments

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]Bailey could have walked away from us at the end of the season (nobody after last season would have begrudged him a move either) but he didn't, just rolled up his sleeves and continues to do his bit for us. If we don't go up I wouldn't hold it against him if he decides to go to a club in the Championship. He may have had issues at previous clubs but at Charlton he has been great, definately among our best players post Premier League.[/quote]

Did you have any offers? When you came in for him it wasnt done discretely it was all over the tabloids both local and national. That unsettled him. Has anybody done the same and made a public offer? Like i have already said i dont begrudge a move to a bigger club in a higher division, it was just the way he acted that pissed everybody off.
    Charlton are a bigger club and im sure you probably trebled his wages. But nothing against charlton most of us didnt mind seeing you relegated last term especially after bailey said " i want to be part of a promotion to the premier".
    Like i said nothing against you club just him.
  • Options
    hmmmm slight digs here and there, still weighing up whether or not your a dick ;-)
  • Options
    Mate its all banter. Truth is in a couple of seasons our club will be firmly in your rear window, but whilst your an ex premier side in this league you are there to be shot at.

I have fond memeries of some cracking games between our two clubs in the 90's. I remember the 4-3 defeat at your place. 3-0 down come back to 3-3 only to lose 4-3 to a last minute alan pardew goal. I was deverstated.

Havent been to the valley since then im sure its changed alot since those porta cabin days. You also signed 2 of me favourite ex blues in simon royce and chrissy powell.
  • Options
    gotta love a bit of banter, i have never been to a southend game personally and shame im missing this one :-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]ironic the title, comes in peace then starts shooting his mouth off in various threads haha you gotta laugh :o)
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]He's been alright if you ask me

LOL Johnny i agree we had that with the Norwich wanker on here earlier however althouogh this Southend fan has been saying some silly things hes no were near as bad as the Norwich idiot who came on here earlier last year.

Yeah i know mate, just getting the spoon out you know ;o)

LOL you do make me laugh Johnny. His last comment i just hope every Southend fan thinks like you i think they dont :-). Our fans (me included) will no doubt be abused tonight because of the way Bailey has made you feel we all make mistakes get over yourselves you will never leave league one anyway i.e. while you will never be relegated Promotion to the champ is out of the question.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]I will be annoyed at Bailey if he leaves for a lower Championship club eg: Scunny or Donny but no one at The Valley could be grudge Bailey if he goes to a team just relegated from the Prem or a top half Champ team.

My money would be on him going to play for Warnock at QPR when we fail to get promoted. Should that be an 'if' rather than 'when'?
  • Options
    My comments are solely on what Bailey has done at Charlton, I can understand Southend fans being a bit peeved but at Charlton no such problems. Did we have an offer, I don't know, I'm sure there was some interest in Bailey by Championship clubs, it's only natural given how well he played last year, anything concrete? who knows.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]ironic the title, comes in peace then starts shooting his mouth off in various threads haha you gotta laugh :o)[/quote]

[quote][cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]He's been alright if you ask me[/quote]

LOL Johnny i agree we had that with the Norwich wanker on here earlier however althouogh this Southend fan has been saying some silly things hes no were near as bad as the Norwich idiot who came on here earlier last year.[/quote]

Yeah i know mate, just getting the spoon out you know ;o)[/quote]

LOL you do make me laugh Johnny. His last comment i just hope every Southend fan thinks like you i think they dont :-). Our fans (me included) will no doubt be abused tonight because of the way Bailey has made you feel we all make mistakes get over yourselves you will never leave league one anyway i.e. while you will never be relegated Promotion to the champ is out of the question.[/quote]

How do you work that out when we were only in the championship about 3 seasons ago having won this league.
    We are having a bad season but even last two seasons we were well invloved in the promotion race.

Thats like me saying you will never be premier league again. Truth is look at forest southampton coventry sheffield wednesday palace etc etc. Loads of them havent been in the prem for ages , but atleast there in a position to be having a crack (did you see what i did there)
  • Options
    anyway take care
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: shrimperama[/cite]Thats like me saying you will never be premier league again.

unfortunately i agree .... well in my lifetime anyway;-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2010
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I remember the 90's when Southend were up in what is now the Championship and were a decent team for a bit, it is not beyond the realms of possiblity that they could get there again in the future. If Scunthorpe and Peterborough can there is no reason why they can't and after tonight good luck to them with that. Like Forest and Leicester et al it is not beyond us to be knocking on the Premier League's door again, we just need to get out of this league first and it is easier said than done!
  • Options
    pilchard how many sherberts you had already mate
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]ironic the title, comes in peace then starts shooting his mouth off in various threads haha you gotta laugh :o)
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]He's been alright if you ask me

LOL Johnny i agree we had that with the Norwich wanker on here earlier however althouogh this Southend fan has been saying some silly things hes no were near as bad as the Norwich idiot who came on here earlier last year.

Yeah i know mate, just getting the spoon out you know ;o)

LOL you do make me laugh Johnny. His last comment i just hope every Southend fan thinks like you i think they dont :-). Our fans (me included) will no doubt be abused tonight because of the way Bailey has made you feel we all make mistakes get over yourselves you will never leave league one anyway i.e. while you will never be relegated Promotion to the champ is out of the question.

How do you work that out when we were only in the championship about 3 seasons ago having won this league.
    We are having a bad season but even last two seasons we were well invloved in the promotion race.

Thats like me saying you will never be premier league again. Truth is look at forest southampton coventry sheffield wednesday palace etc etc. Loads of them havent been in the prem for ages , but atleast there in a position to be having a crack (did you see what i did there).

haha like it mate nicely done. I am affraid to say i would agree with you if you said we will never play in the prem again in my life time we wont unless we win this league this year otherwise we have a 27,000 seater ground with no fans and all our players will leave. If we dont go up this year it will more than likely be admin next year.
  • Options
    Got a bet with a mate, stan collymore did play for southend didn't he? My mate won't have it but I'm sure I saw him play against us, and remeber signing him from southend on championship manager 93 then again I could be wrong but there's a fiver riding on it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]pilchard how many sherberts you had already mate

2 dib dabs and a strawberry and orange one with a stick (can't remember the name tho!)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Got a bet with a mate, stan collymore did play for southend didn't he? My mate won't have it but I'm sure I saw him play against us, and remeber signing him from southend on championship manager 93 then again I could be wrong but there's a fiver riding on it.

Definitely played for Southend. Forest signed him from them.

Stan
  • Options
    stan deffo played for southend and i remember him on an itv live game scoring at millwall and properly giving it to their fans ... ha ha
  • Options
    Sweet, that's a pint and 10 fags sorted for the weekend..
  • Options
    anyone scoring against Pugwall is fine by me, even Stan Collywobble
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Got a bet with a mate, stan collymore did play for southend didn't he? My mate won't have it but I'm sure I saw him play against us, and remeber signing him from southend on championship manager 93 then again I could be wrong but there's a fiver riding on it.

Definitely played for Southend. Forest signed him from them.

Stan

If you're ever in doubt just Google it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]stan deffo played for southend and i remember him on an itv live game scoring at millwall and properly giving it to their fans ... ha ha

Palace offered Collymore to Millwall in part payment for Chris Armstrong and they turned him down and instead took midfield dynamoe Jamie Moralee.

Palace then traded Collymore to Southend, he became a goal scoring legend and moved on for I think £6m.

I always thought it sweet that one player that good could pass through the hands of our two rivals without them realising his potential.