Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Shrimperama's view on the game

edited February 2010 in General Charlton
Well when you are down at the bottom and get beat twice by injury time goals in the space of 3 days you know the gods are not on your side.

Lets clear one thing up right hear and now. Nicky Bailey is a talented footballer of that we are all agreed. What he did tonight to get a player sent off for is totally outrageous. There is no need for it nor is there no place for it. Our player was wrong to shove bailey in the chest but to hold your face like that and roll around like you have been shot is beyond a joke. Lets just says this. I really hope the whole thing was caught on camera and its sent to the FA as it was right up there with slaven bilic's attempt many years ago.

As for the game the better team won of that there is no doubt. Had we had 11 players we would have given you a hell of a game. As it stood i am immensly proud of our boys. They created enough and had the free kick been forced in with about 5-10 minutes remaining we would have taken the points. Thats been the story of our season. We hit the bar and you go down the other end and score.

I dont think charlton will make the automatic spots as in the last week you have been beaten at home and struggled against a ten man southend. You will make the play-offs and as we all know that is a lottery.

As for you support tonight . Fantastic numbers but very very quiet until you scored and then came the noise. We may not have the same numbers at southend but we sure have enthusiasm. I think we will be ok. The yeovils etc of this world will get beaten at the hall.

Good luck for the rest of the season

Comments

• you dont wish us good luck so thats bollox,your club means nothing to me,surprised you aint mentioned something hooligan related in this thread,im sorry you never beat us,no im not actually
  • Fair play. Good luck for rest of season.
  • 'Fantastic numbers but very very quiet until you scored'...... sounds about right...

bailey is our very own robbie savage wind up merchant ... good luck for the rest of the season
  • Very ungracious, Nolly! I thought that was a thoroughly fair and decent report from Shimperama, which was a credit to the wider franternity of football fandom that at its best can transcend narrow partisan interest.

As for Nicky Bailey and the sending off, well most of us haven't yet seen it. But we've complained enough on this site about him faking the rolling on the ground this season that I am certainly not going to rush to a knee-jerk defence of him until I've seen it.
  • behave he has been on here giving veiled threats for days,if you think he wishes all the best your mad.
  • Sure Bailey made a meal of it, but it wasn't a shove it was a clear punch. It was the clearest red card you will ever see. I don't condone Bailey rolling around like he did, but that doesn't make Christophe innocent.
  • dont indulge him mate
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]Sure Bailey made a meal of it, but it wasn't a shove it was a clear punch. It was the clearest red card you will ever see. I don't condone Bailey rolling around like he did, but that doesn't make Christophe innocent.[/quote]

Mate were you even at the game? There was no punch and there was such minimal contact it was a joke. It was a gentle shove . Bailey play acted and the ref bought it. Its all on camera and i hope its sent to the FA.

Personally if a player is going to get sent off for something i would rather he had chinned him.
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]dont indulge him mate

Give it a rest nolly!
  • [cite]Posted By: shrimperama[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]Sure Bailey made a meal of it, but it wasn't a shove it was a clear punch. It was the clearest red card you will ever see. I don't condone Bailey rolling around like he did, but that doesn't make Christophe innocent.

Mate were you even at the game? There was no punch and there was such minimal contact it was a joke. It was a gentle shove . Bailey play acted and the ref bought it. Its all on camera and i hope its sent to the FA.

Personally if a player is going to get sent off for something i would rather he had chinned him.

Ha ha, I saw something that you didn't and you are questioning whether I was there, that's the queerest logic I've ever heard! It was, I repeat, a clear punch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Looked like a punch from where I was standing.

Yes he went down like a sack of spuds and he deserved the booking.

Your man was an idiot though and if you punch somebody you have to go.

You say we were quiet, well I didn't hear you lot once.
  • edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: alanscoachdriver[/cite]Looked like a punch from where I was standing.

Yes he went down like a sack of spuds and he deserved the booking.

Your man was an idiot though and if you punch somebody you have to go.

You say we were quiet, well I didn't hear you lot once.

We sang all game near enough. Thats roots hall for you. Sound like the san siro when your amongst it and move fifty feet away and its all just hand clapping and mouths opening with no noise.

Your were the biggest and quietest support this season (until you scored)
  • [cite]Posted By: shrimperama[/cite]Your were the biggest and quietest support this season (until you scored)

good job we scored then. enjoy the pier.
  • told you he was a cunt
  • Well done nolly . Do you just antagonise every supporter who comes on your board until they retaliate?

I thought i gave a fair assesment. You were the better side but were no great shakes. We are shit , but were unlucky tonight. You support was the largest but was also the quietest.

What exactly makes me a cunt?

Il tell you what does make a cunt. When you get a slight shove and then act as if you have been shot. Thats a cunt
  • [cite]Posted By: shrimperama[/cite]Il tell you what does make a cunt...Thats a cunt

This is rapidly turning into a biology lesson
  • you dont fool me,anyway night
  • Do sour grapes go with shrimp?
  • [cite]Posted By: shrimperama[/cite]

Il tell you what does make a cunt.

Tilson not shaking Parky's hand?
  • fair assessment shrimperama, although i find it slightly strange that you say that our support was quiet yet then boast about how loud southend were and always are, but strangely you cant hear it from more than 50 yards away.
  • Sponsored links:

• No swear words please
  • [cite]Posted By: shrimperama[/cite] Fantastic numbers but very very quiet until you scored and then came the noise. We may not have the same numbers at southend but we sure have enthusiasm

I heard that the acoustics at roots hall are so poor that you can't hear fans 50 yards away, however much they're singing. apparently you can see them clapping and see their mouths moving but can't hear anything. Can't remember where i heard that though...
  • I cant say this any other way. Charlton were the better side and deserved the win. Are you the best side we have played? No Have you bought the largest support ? Yes Are you the most vocal? NO Were we unlucky tonight ? Yes

Will you go up? Probably not Will we go down ? Probably not. For what its worth leeds were the best support and southampton the best team we have faced this season.
  • look your find few people on here thinking were going up,get off to bed,take care
  • i sat right on the half way line and it was quiet from both sets of supporters. The only thing worse than the crowd was the football. still 2-1..ta.
  • All together now: OH NICKY BAILEY, you are the love of my life.......... ;)
  • Sorry mate.. whilst I didn't see the whole thing admittedly but it WAS a very clear PUNCH !! Yes Bailery made a meal of it... mm I have yet to see the replay. I am not being funny mate but I was looking at the linesman to wonder why he gave you a free kick when it was CLEARLY offside !! My attention was diverted to your player who had clearly PUNCHED the guy.. I was so shocked by it as it wasn't that kind of game and it wasn't as though it had been simmering under the seams when these things happen. I don't know how many punches wee thrown but definelty at least one mate !! I thought what the F g was he doing. You got the free kick but there must have been something pre-mediated there for him to do it sorry but hgave to disagree on this one but do agree Bailey does make a meal of things
  • Sorry but why are some being ott with their comments to Shrimps? We won, he gave a fair assessment, end of.
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]'Fantastic numbers but very very quiet until you scored'...... sounds about right...
    n

Has to be a wind up. Completely the opposite! They made the valley look like the san siro
  • Bailey may or May not of made a big deal out of it. But if that muppet runs 20 yards and punches someone he is off, overeaction from Bailey or not! There is no place In the
    game for that rubbish. Sad that players aswell as fans can't accept Nicky moved on in his career at Southend .

If you Are going to comment on support then tell me why you have plonked your
    most "vocal" supporters next to the away end? Clubs do that to compensate for lack of support in the rest of the ground. And the over excited drummer is all you could hear. And I was a few seats from the seregation between us
    and you lot so our lot behind the goal probably couldn't hear much.