Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

sky multiroom

edited February 2010 in Not Sports Related
currently paying a tenner a month for ESPN but don't really watch it.

Anyone got any idea how much sky charge to set up multi room? I already have a spare sky plus box

Comments

• Options
    i pay 70 per month for sky+ hd in the living room sky + in my room and normal sky in nljr's room
  • Options
    I've got Sky+ downstairs and then two multiroom subscriptions which cost a tenner each per month.
  • Options
    flippin 'eck the pair of you , read the comment properly.

set up !
  • Options
    Ah ok. Usually £60 standard but I don't know as it was free set-up when I did it.

Hope that helps. ;-)
  • Options
    cost me nowt
  • Options
    Phone Sky's Customer Service Department, ask them how much it is for set up. If they tell you £60 or whatever, tell them you're gonna go and cancel your subscription and go to virgin media then they'll usually do it for nothing.
  • Options
    i had l;oads of grief with sky changing how i paid my bill i used to pay it via my remote then they stopped me from doing that and made it dd which when you are paid every 4 weeks is a painas you dont get paid on the same day of each month,

i canx my contract and told them that i was getting virgin, i then let it go off for 2 days midweek phoned sky back up and told them virgin had let me down and that i wanted to come back, they gave me my package for 50% of price for 7 months a right touch may try it again
  • Options
    other option we'd have is cancelling it as it's in the missus name then taking a new one in mine , would mean we get an extra HD box as well.

looks like my best option is to do it myself and just get them to send me a card for the second box
  • Options
    mate canx it and get it in your name you will pay less per month to start with as well
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]other option we'd have is cancelling it as it's in the missus name then taking a new one in mine , would mean we get an extra HD box as well.

looks like my best option is to do it myself and just get them to send me a card for the second box

Run an extension upstairs, if you already have the box you will indeed only need a new card. Simples!

Oh and cancel it and do it in your name
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Problem sorted , it's easy to run a new coax to where the current box is which has one of those magic eye things going to upstairs so I'm just gonna put the new box where the current one is and connect to the magic eye then get sky to send me an extra card.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]Phone Sky's Customer Service Department, ask them how much it is for set up. If they tell you £60 or whatever, tell them you're gonna go and cancel your subscription and go to virgin media then they'll usually do it for nothing.

do this, you shouldn't have to pay at all, just probably commit to a min 3 months contract
  • Options
    run an rf cable from the correct output on your sky box to the other room - unless you are bothered with hd or having to watch thesame thing on both tvs - with a remote extender you can even change channels
  • Options
    already got that as pointed out above razil. Want to watch different on both rooms.

ordered the coax cable and put the old sky plus box next to the HD box , all that remains is to wire it up move the magic eye from HD and get another sky card and I'm able to watch footy to my hearts content
  • Options
    ok sozz
  • Options
    You are forgiven ;)
  • Options
    Paid £15 for the cable and did the whole thing myself , just got a new viewing card from sky for an extra tenner a month.

Now the plan is to be able to ship the missus off upstairs when the footy is on , got to be honest though I get the feeling it will be me shipping off upstairs.