Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oh dear oh dear!

edited February 2010 in General Charlton
Charlton fans emailing to the football league show to put Robbie's name forward for England!

Comments

• Haha going by some of our lot i see down the Valley at times, i dont know whether thats a serious statement or a joke?
  • And I thought the "i'm absolutely honoured to have a player of Therry's quality at the club" on the OS was bad.
  • I know that Oohahh is not a Robbie fan but I am. I think he is very talented and may get a U/21 call up if he keeps up his good work.
  • [cite]Posted By: thewolfboy[/cite]I know that Oohahh is not a Robbie fan but I am. I think he is very talented and may get a U/21 call up if he keeps up his good work.

not a chance I'm afraid.
  • he can throw the ball in the net 5 times get beaten from outside the box on a zillion occassions but you can't make the blinkered see .... 1 clean sheet in 14 says it all ... not a good keeper imo not for a promotion chasing team in this pony league .... he gets plenty of opportunity to look good and he does on occassions but far too many simple basic mistakes for me to turn a blind eye to ...
  • unlikely bearing in mind he is almost 24
  • [cite]Posted By: paulsturgess[/cite]unlikely bearing in mind he is almost 24
    Lol.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: paulsturgess[/cite]unlikely bearing in mind he is almost 24[/quote]
    Lol.[/quote]

Now that's just picky :-)

He's not as bad a some say and not as good as others say. He's OK but nothing special, apparently a lot better than Randolph though
  • And that he's already played for the Republic at U21 level.
  • That was Gandolph surely?

He made at least four outstanding saves on Friday and the previous Saturday against Yeovil he made some world class saves. Also he could've fallen appart after their goal on Friday yet he got up , brushed himself off and put it to the back of his mind.

David seaman once said "the sign of a good keeper isn't the mistakes he makes but how he reacts to them
  • Sponsored links:

• Nope, Robbies deffo represented Eire at international level.
  • He's a bit of an enigma really. He does the difficult stuff really well, but then slips up with a softie. I like him, but that no-where near makes him good enough for England. I'd love to be proved wrong though.
  • http://www.eleven-a-side.com/boysingreen/news.asp?n=10046

Under 19 not U21 as I said
  • [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]He's a bit of an enigma really.

He does the difficult stuff really well, but then slips up with a softie.

Reminds me of my one of my heroes when I was a kid. Some of you will remember who I'm talking about:

"Sir Charlie Wright, Sir Charlie Wright, Charlie ......"
  • He's just a fairly decent player at this level, makes mistakes but he's generally reliable. Same for players like Richardson for me. Won't stand out in this league, but wouldn't look terrible in the Championship either.
  • your unlikely to get better at this level for a keeper (with the exception of Davies at Southampton). Decent bet in the Championship and if he improves may even make it to the Prem but not at the moment and not England!