Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

View of Charlton Life from the Pink Oboe list

edited March 2010 in Not Sports Related
To quote ...

"Funny old lot on CL, very cliquey and about two brains between the lot of them. I know Rick and our late unlamented VIP director also post on there but soo `clubby` it`s untrue"

Comments

• Options
    2 brains between the lot of em, yeah alright! they probably have just read mine and NP posts :-)

what is this pink oboe list? never heard of it
  • Options
    Oh the pink oboe list is the name (given by my clique) to the Charlton Email list that's been around for years ....
  • Options
    What does 'so clubby' mean & own up, whose got the 2 brains?
  • Options
    Further reply on the PO List

"Ha,ha,ha, you bit :-)"
  • Options
    We are like a club, we arrange away days and meet up for drinks now and then, if I'm going footie on my todd I know if I pop in the liberal there will be people there I know, I think its a good thing rather than a cold vast wasteland of a chatroom named after a knob... I like the feel of charltonlife it was awsome when I discoverd it and bloody glad I did, I've had some bloody good advice, best away day ever at derby and even got tickets to the ashes!! (Thanks again mog!!) Try finding that on the oboe.... jelously springs to mind.
  • Options
    So, Risc, what is your motivation for taking a comment from one list to another?
    You must be in a funny clique to subscribe to something you dismiss with a schoolboy nomenclature.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    LOL

Funny how so many people who hate CL and pretend to look down their noses at it just can't resist reading it every day, constantly commenting on it or taking ideas from it.
  • Options
    er as someone who is merely an observer. isnt Riscs post a case of a reversal of what you have just said?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]er as someone who is merely an observer. isnt Riscs post a case of a reversal of what you have just said?

no
  • Options
    What, apart from subscribing to, looking down his nose at, reading, copying and commenting on it?
    Right-o then
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have been a member of the Pink Oboe list for years .... I have been a member CL for as long as it's been going. I have issues with both but they are my issues.

As for motivations I thought it funny. Along the lines as indicated by Mr Irving. The thing is Floyd can you expand on my dismissive attitude. Maybe give three examples, listing them or give them seperate names .... ?
  • Options
    Peter Cook I believe
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]I have been a member of the Pink Oboe list for years .... I have been a member CL for as long as it's been going. I have issues with both but they are my issues.

As for motivations I thought it funny. Along the lines as indicated by Mr Irving. The thing is Floyd can you expand on my dismissive attitude. Maybe give three examples, listing them or give them seperate names .... ?[/quote]

Take a seat dear.

Tell me, what are your issues. . . . .?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Risc, just read the full sentence 'dismiss with a schoolboy nomenclature'.
    It truly doesnt bother me, but calling something a pink oboe list sounds to an outsider like a dismissive term.
    Sorry I cant give you the list you want with three other reasons Dont know why I would be in a position to anyway!
    Though it might be seen as dismissive to take comments from one list and post them in another forum, but I have now lost the will to continue...;-)
  • Options
    two brains between the lot of us - is that why we can't count beyond five (as in ''we're still...'') ;o)
  • Options
    Tony Curtis, I'm certain
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]What does 'so clubby' mean & own up, whose got the 2 brains?

Well Rick and I were mentioned so that must mean we have the 2 brains and it's just the rest of you who are a bit thick : - )
  • Options
    always good to start monday morning off with a row.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]always good to start monday morning off with a row.

Well the team won so there is nothing else to complain about ; - )

It was Peter Cook I tells ya!
  • Options
    Riscardo

I think I saw you wearing a wolfpac t-shirt at the game once. What was that stable about?! Faces who were trying to take down the company?! I'll ignore the 1999 elite team as the amount of air time the B squad got, usually half an episode of Thunder, still gives me the shivers!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Henry
    Meet me halfway with dudley will ya?
    I'll allow Peter only if you can translate Friend or Defoe's comment.
    I think I have just proved I am not in posession of one of the two brains.

anyone think a throwaway comment on another list has been taken too seriously, and probably shouldnt have been taken out of its home?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Riscardo

I think I saw you wearing a wolfpac t-shirt at the game once. What was that stable about?! Faces who were trying to take down the company?! I'll ignore the 1999eliteteam as the amount of air time the B squad got, usually half an episode of Thunder, still gives me the shivers!

It actually was an NWO "Outsiders" tee .. but that just being pedantic. I think I may still have it ,,,
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]Henry
    Meet me halfway with dudley will ya?
    I'll allow Peter only if you can translate Friend or Defoe's comment.
    I think I have just proved I am not in posession of one of the two brains.

anyone think a throwaway comment on another list has been taken too seriously, and probably shouldnt have been taken out of its home?[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyos-M48B8U

Don't know about anyone else but I wasn't taking it seriously at all

As for the other stuff I think FOD and Riscardo are talking about men in silly costumes throwing each about a wrestling ring.
  • Options
    Recently finished, 'Tragically I was An Only Twin'. Great stuff.
    Thanks for the heads up on World Wildlife Foundation sub text
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Riscardo

I think I saw you wearing a wolfpac t-shirt at the game once. What was that stable about?! Faces who were trying to take down the company?! I'll ignore the 1999eliteteam as the amount of air time the B squad got, usually half an episode of Thunder, still gives me the shivers!

It actually was an NWO "Outsiders" tee .. but that just being pedantic. I think I may still have it ,,,

Actually now thinking about it ... it was a wolfpac tee

Wolfpac