Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What happened to the massive downpour?

Having seen the dreadful weather forecast I decided to stay home yesterday and put my feet up instead of linking up with a few pals for drinks and Sunday lunch, further down into Kent.
All I can say is that here in Bromley it just drizzled for a while up to about 10.00am and then turned dry....as a matter of fact the sun even came out for a while late afternoon....completely different from what was forecast on BBC and ITV!
Anyone got a different story from elsewhere in the area?

Comments

• Options
    Gloop gloop burble bubble gloop Maidstone gloop bubble.
  • Options
    Sun is fully out here. Spring is here.
  • Options
    Purley was wet all day. Nice today though.
  • Options
    We had the rain, it was called febuary...

Spring is here in charlton manor this morning...... well as he's not in the first team I asked him to help me with the toilets....
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Having seen the dreadful weather forecast I decided to stay home yesterday and put my feet up instead of linking up with a few pals for drinks and Sunday lunch, further down into Kent.
    All I can say is that here in Bromley it just drizzled for a while up to about 10.00am and then turned dry....as a matter of fact the sun even came out for a while late afternoon....completely different from what was forecast on BBC and ITV!
    Anyone got a different story from elsewhere in the area?[/quote]

It might have been dry in Bromley but here in bickley
    it was pretty wet. Next Doors Back garden was like a lake for most of the day. The worst of the weather took a right turn and flooded France.
  • Options
    Flooding in stone yesterday when popping down to asda, greenhythe.
  • Options
    was tipping down when i was out running yesterday. misjudged my route back and ended up wading through about 18 inches of water on a flooded road near my house. The run also included a run across some fields in gravesend that resembled marshland.
  • Options
    With football cancelled, we decided to play golf instead. 7am tee off, so up at silly o clock on a Sunday morning. Pull up in the car park still semi dark, get out the car and put my whole foot in a puddled pothole up past my ankle. Walk in to find course closed due to flooding.

Had a barrage of hail about 7pm last night as well
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite] Pull up in the car park still semi dark, get out the car and put my whole foot in a puddled pothole up past my ankle.

That's a good 10mm then :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]Purley was wet all day. Nice today though.

Oh I thought you said you lived in Hertfordshire....................well you did a couple of weeks back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Sun is fully out here. Spring is here.

I really hope your right im sick of it being dark at 16:30 every night. Thats probably the main part of winter i dislike
  • Options
    Good question, a bit of drizzle Sunday morning but cleared up by 10am - then dry and cloudy with odd sunny bits.
    What happened to the promised Yeovil-away-match-like horizontal torrential rain and 100mph winds?

Today misty to start with and now sunny, still and Spring-like.
    Nice.
  • Options
    Sunny but cold in "Sunny Sydenham".............
  • Options
    Football was called off in Beckenham on Sunday due to constant rain, bright sunshine in Faversham at the moment but one of the rivers appears to be about to burst it's banks today.