Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shite bands with one killer song

13»

Comments

• Options
    Arthur Brown "Fire"
    Clash - London Calling
    Psychodelic Furs - Pretty in Pink
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: thewolfboy[/cite]Clash - London Calling
    ???
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fortune Costa Fish[/cite]whoever said Oasis with Wonderwall is quite possibly mental

Ciggarettes and alohol, Live Forever, Married with Children, Don't look back in anger, Champagne Supernova, The Masterplan, Little by little, Stop crying your heart out ect ect ect ect

still i guess its all opinion
    Champagne Supernova's alright. ;-)
  • Options
    American Pie - Don McLean
    Public Image - Public Image Ltd
    Gloria - Van Morrison (runs for cover)
  • Options
    Toploader - Dancing in the Moonlight
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: thewolfboy[/cite]Clash - London Calling
    ???

Thats a Double album....
  • Options
    Then Jericho - Big Area.
  • Options
    Dave Clark Five: started well with 'Do You Love Me'', then went to bits and pieces once the Nigels adopted 'Glad All Over'. (and they came from Tottenham!)
  • Options
    Pulp - Something Changed
  • Options
    There's a lot of one-hit wonders here, which isn't the intention of the thread, as far as I can see

Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up

The Killers - Mr Brightside

Justin Timberlake - Like I Love You

The Verve - The Drugs Don't Work

The Beautiful South - Rotterdam

U2 - One

Morrissey as a solo artist has produced a lot of garbage, but I think there might be three or four decent songs (Irish Blood, English Heart and Life Is A Pigsty would be my calls for decent songs)

The Cranberries - Zombie (just about, not really my opinion though)

No love from me for the M.I.A. haters ;-) Kala is a quality album. I've rediscovered Snow Patrol's first album, and it's great too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Joe Dolce.........Shaddup you face.
    And to make it all the more gauling, it actually stopped the classic Oh Vienna (Ultravox) from getting to No1.
  • Options
    Big Country - Big Country
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: LawrieAbrahams[/cite]Big Country - Big Country
    not allowed, 'Chance' and 'Fields of fire' are classics too
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Tommy Dowling[/cite]Can't contribute a band and song right now but come on Alex- the Sabs to be put into a 'Shite Band' category!!!! Its funny that Paranoid is one of my least favourite of theirs but there are certainly others that are 'Killer', ie War Pigs, Into The Void, Iron Man, Children of the Grave and Dirty Women to name a few. I think you're being cheeky Mr Wright!
    Thought you might bite :)

I know 'fairies wear boots' is an all time classic :)

But really, you would have been too young to see sabbath being completely blown off stage by van halen in 1979!

True, but Van Halen were on the way up in '79 but the Sabs, with an increasingly degenerate Ozzy, were definitely on the way down- thankfully Dio came and rescued them a year later.
  • Options
    The Jam - London traffic
  • Options
    JohnnyJoeyDeeDee - sorry I couldn't resist...

Of course I love the Ramones as much as any right thinking person really!
  • Options
    Queen - Killer Queen and only because it has the word Killer in the title.
  • Options
    Bran Van 3000 - Drinking in LA
  • Options
    Another Girl, Another Planet - The Only Ones
  • Options
    Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
    This had better be a poor attempt at a wind up
  • Options
    Allanhah Myles Black velvet....Dutch bird on Saxaphone.....cant remember her name now....d'oh
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Foo Fighters - Learning to fly
    Would have suggested something by Radiohead, over rated pompous bull...... cant find anything decent by them
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeteF[/cite]Would have suggested something by Radiohead, over rated pompous bull...... cant find anything decent by them

Creep is the exception I would say Pete - as mentioned already by me good friend Mr. Stonemuse...
  • Options
    Okay, I say this as a Radiohead fan, but I can't understand why so many people say they like Creep but don't like anything from The Bends, Creep is basically the song on Pablo Honey where they started to formulate the sound for The Bends, but then I like Radiohead.
  • Options
    no one has mentioned the army of country artists who seem to have made a career out of one song.

Tammy Wynette?