Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Heavy Rain (the game not the type of precipitation)

Anyone else got this yet? Wasn't quite sure what to expect, but thought I'd give it a go. It's certainly different but have to say I'm really enjoying it so far.

Comments

• Options
    saw the advert and it looked impressive. I only have a 360 tho so ill have to wait. feedback in a dew weeks and let me know if it is worth paying £40 for.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Played the demo and enjoyed it. Not sure how much of an effect the different options have because when my mate played through it and chose different options to me, he ended up with the same story development as me. Good idea so will check it out but as a rule of thumb I never pay more than £25 for a game. Will get when it's cheap on Amazon/Play in about a month's time.
  • Options
    have heard about this. What makes it different to other games?...im presuming you make different decisions which determine the outcome of the game?
  • Options
    It's basically a murder mystery and you flip between scenes controlling different characters and making decisions about how to handle different situations.

I'm not a really serious gamer, so others may know of other examples but it seems to me the game is more focussed on the story than the action than any other I've played - it's been like an interactive movie so far and quite emotinally involving in places. It's slow to get started and I think the way the early scenes develop is pretty much set as you need to get used to the controls (differently to anything else I've played here to) and get to know the characters a little. I think I'm just into the stage where you start to think a bit more independently (for example I've just shot a guy who was pointing a gun at my partner, when I could have tried to reason with him). I'm yet to see if that turns out to be a good decision or not, although it earned me a 'blunder' trophy so I'm guessing it'll prove to be an error.

I guess the end of the game will have to be much the same whatever route you take, because you can't really programme an open ended game (unless you're doing something like FM), but what I've seen so far suggests there's a fair ammount of scope to alter tha path you take to the end.
  • Options
    completed it at the weekend.

Really good game - but for me a really unsatisfactory ending so I need to replay a few chapters

It's a pretty unique game but I did find it sometimes a bit too much like an interactive movie
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]

I guess the end of the game will have to be much the same whatever route you take, because you can't really programme an open ended game (unless you're doing something like FM), but what I've seen so far suggests there's a fair ammount of scope to alter tha path you take to the end.

You'll see my friend - one decision can change the ending quite dramatically............

the more I think about it the more I want to replay it now
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]have heard about this. What makes it different to other games?...im presuming you make different decisions which determine the outcome of the game?

Remember those books when you were young - where you chose what happens.

If you kill the beast go to page 7
    If you run for your life turn to page 13

It's like one of those
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]You'll see my friend - one decision can change the ending quite dramatically............

Excellent news, Dragon Age billed itself as being a bit like this but essentially very little seemed to change based on your in game decisions except you got in a few more fights.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]an interactive movie
    bang on
  • Options
    Got this for xmas and just started playing it. Very engrossing storyline. Earned the blunder trophy, although in a game where you have to hit the buttons it flashes up on screen it is a bit unfair that it flashed up R1, I hit the button and bang that turns out to be "shoot the nutter". Ah well...

I do have a mild suspicion that it'll all turn out to be quite similar regardless of what you do, but I'd like to be wrong.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There are loads of possible endings - I just happened to get a REALLY pants ending

Brilliant game actually - will play again sometime
  • Options
    Best game of 2010 for me. (Just ahead of Red Dead Redemption)
  • Options
    Yeah need to play this agin and try to get a different ending. The one I got first time had a massive flaw in the plot. I had the same problem as you Morts and there were a couple of bits of the game where I wasn't entirely clear what the feck I was supposed to be doing.

Played it pretty religiously for a few days when i got it though as it is pretty engrossing.