Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

(Old) Bill..........

Friend of this site (though not a member) Bill Hopper was hit by a car last night.
He's also known as "Charlton Bill", "BillyBoy" (Not political) and "That old git".
He's in Intensive Care in Kings, and is "awake", but has the hump because he can't get out of bed for " a poo".
He suffered a broken hip, a broken arm and has about 7 different leads on him checking his heart and other vital organs.
Saw him today for 10 minutes and come out crying. Silly old Git.
A least he's still with us........

Comments

• Options
    send him my best wishes please,glad he is still here.
  • Options
    Never met the Gentleman, but please pass on my best wishes.

Ray.
  • Options
    Likewise I have to my knowledge never met the gentleman but hope he makes a speedy recovery.
  • Options
    Terrible news Paul hope he is OK

My dad had a fall last Wednesday and broke his hip. Had a replacement op but turns out his bad cough was pneumonia and he's now on a ventilator in QEH Woolwich. Not a pretty sight and worrying when he is 84.

Still he is an Addick and a fighter.
  • Options
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery to both Bill Hopper and Henry Senior.
  • Options
    Agreed Len
    Best (if anonymous and long-distance) wishes to both
  • Options
    Shit not funny best regards Bill.
  • Options
    Thinking of both our more senior poorly Addicks...........heres to a speedy recovery for both

xx
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about your mate, MoG ...wish him a speedy recovery.

And your Dad too, Henry.

All the best for your people.
  • Options
    hope bill and henry senior will both be ok and all the best to other addicks in needy times
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheers guys
  • Options
    Al the best to both
  • Options
    Will pass on mesages to "old" Bill.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Went to see Bill last night....he's badly knocked around and full of aches and pains.He's still in intensive care but with any luck should be out of there in a day or two and into a regular ward.....took a nasty whack to the head as well....bit of bleeding there but fortunately they seem to think it's nothing of great significance....lucky fella in many ways.
    He had a pretty serious heart attack a couple of years back and was in Kings for a while....they really should think about reserving him his own bed!
    Hope your dad perks up too Ben.....I'll be in contact soon as there's something I'd like you to do for me re some wording for a Sex Pistols project we have at work.
    Me and Mog will see he's OK.
  • Options
    Thanks Sounds and stonemuse.

You've got my number re: the pistols thing

"We like noise, it's our choice
    It's what we wanna do
    We don't care about long hairs
    I don't wear flares

See my face not a trace
    No reality
    I don't work, I just speed
    That's all I need"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Thanks Sounds and stonemuse.

You've got my number re: the pistols thing

"We like noise, it's our choice
    It's what we wanna do
    We don't care about long hairs
    I don't wear flares

See my face not a trace
    No reality
    I don't work, I just speed
    That's all I need"

Errrrm............................. right oh if you say so.....LOL!
  • Options
    Stonemuse and MOG know what I'm talking about
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Stonemuse and MOG know what I'm talking about

Now why doesn't that surprise me!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Stonemuse and MOG know what I'm talking about

Cos we're not old hippies : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]

Cos we're not old hippies : - )

No that's right....just Mods with yer brains kicked out!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now that is true (of me at least)!

: - )
  • Options
    Just seen this.

Best wishes to your Dad as well Henry.
  • Options
    Best wishes to Bill and Mr Irving snr
  • Options
    Best wishes to both of these Gentlemen for a full recovery.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Thanks for the update S....
    You're right when you say its a worry; Think its 5 weeks Today He was taken in and that seems along time in I.C.
    Sorted out Sandra so have abit more freetime and will go down Kings on Weds/Thursday.
  • Options
    When whispers go wrong #4747.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Thanks for the update S....
    You're right when you say its a worry; Think its 6 weeks Today He was taken in and that seems along time in I.C.
    Sorted out Sandra so have abit more freetime and will go down Kings on Weds/Thursday.

He's not in IC at the moment P, he's in Kinnear Wilson Ward (John Ruskin Wing)...Room 13, which is a high dependency ward for neurological cases.
    Be prepared to see a big change in his appearance....he looks like a cancer patient.
    I'm going to ring the ward in a moment to see if there's some more news....stay on line, I'll keep you posted.
  • Options
    Paul, he's still in the same ward (Kinnear Wilson), but has been moved across to the high dependency side...He's now in Room 2.
  • Options
    Oh shyte...ah well at least it also keeps everyone informed as to his current state of health.
    He's still in a bad way the poor fella and deserves the thoughts and prayers of us all.