Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Away Days - Huddersfield

Comments

• Doing a mini bus for this guys
  • Any spare spots?
  • will arrange in time fella
  • okay cool mate nice one
  • could be a clit coach for this
  • might be up for clit if theres space...
  • But can we drink on it?
  • no not until we get to pub
  • Boooo

How about if we secretly put it in our drinks?
  • itsnot a secret no more
  • Sponsored links:

• damn will have to cancel this now we have been sussed
  • You shouldnt be allowed near a computer late at night.
  • where do you get tickets for £22 all i can find is £37 each way
  • [cite]Posted By: da2 addick[/cite]where do you get tickets for £22 all i can find is £37 each way

You can go via Manchester or Sheffield and it's cheaper or look on the O/S and go with Syd Cheesewright.

Got ours last week to Manchester for £24 return (2 singles).

09:20 D 11:28 A
    London Euston to Manchester Piccadilly

Return - Saturday 27th March

19:35 22:00
    Manchester Piccadilly London Euston

You then need to get a return Manchester to Huddersfield which is about £10 and takes about half hour I think.

So about £34 in total, but prices probably gone up by now, but Cheesewright is a similar price and you only have to ring him. See O/S.
  • Looking forward to this one, with it only being 40mins or so down the road
  • I think i will train it i will be more in control of my day more im not getting on a coach if i cant drink takes away the point of getting a coach dont it.
  • Huddersfield away falls on the weekend im coming back from uni for easter so the old man is driving up to get me then across to huddersfield then home after!
  • wasn't going but it seems a friend is having his babies christening in merseyside on the sunday so I think we'll come up and stay over for the night with another mate in Chester.
  • Sorry, haven't checked this thread for a while.

Ru1986> Are you insane? "No different at all". You must be thinking of South East commuter trains, where first class just has head napkins on normal seats. Yes, there is free food and free booze on Virgin trains in first class. It is the ONLY UK train company that still does free booze (others still do free food). Obviously not at weekends - none do - hence me pointing out that I am travelling up on the Friday. I go up to Manchester for work once or twice a month and always travel first class (at my own expense) as two first class singles is usually a few quid cheaper than a second class return anyway (I've never paid more than £40 each way). For that you get a comfy seat, a light, calm, quiet, a free newspaper, a choice of salads or sandwiches (or a cooked breakfast if it's early morning, curry usually if it's evening), tea, coffee, biscuits, fruit, pretzels and a couple of runs of the booze trolley - if it's quiet they normally extra booze you up, I usually get two lots of two (50ml) Bacardi miniatures and a Diet Coke. That's eight shots of rum for free! That'll do me for a 2 hour 5 minutes journey! Anyone who travels second class on Virgin weekdays needs their head examining!

Others> Yes, the prices I was giving were for London-Manc Piccadilly only. Buying multi-company tickets is always stupidly expensive, so always best to go for single company specials (eg Virgin Advance which is £18-£35 each way depending on day/class/time of travel). Manc-Hudd is biscuits (four or five trains an hour, 30 mins, about a tenner return).

Hotels> Mate who lives up there reckons the George Hotel - where Rugby League was invented, apparently - is good, but internet reviews ain't great. Briar Court or Heritage Lofts (suites for £75 a night!) get good reviews. No Travelodges nearby, which is unfortunate as they have loads of £19 rooms from March 25th onwards.
  • Sponsored links:

• Train tickets sorted.
  • has every1 lost intrest in this game or will we manage to muster up more than 500, got my ticket but doubt it will be a busy away day
  • Just booked match tickets. Huddersfield hotel sorted for 2 nights.. here we come !
  • How many have we sold Airman?
  • myself, Golfie and Calcio Addick are going. Reckon we'll take about 700.
  • We're going up Friday morning and staying in Manchester.
    Any recommendations for what/where to do/see/go in Manchester for both Friday and Saturday nights would be useful, thanks.
    It's a mini stag warm up session for the real thing couple of weeks later.
  • adsads
    edited March 2010
    There are a few good bars round oldham street and canal street, also new factory bar is worth a visit http://www.factorymanchester.com/
  • Anal street?!
  • [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]We're going up Friday morning and staying in Manchester.
    Any recommendations for what/where to do/see/go in Manchester for both Friday and Saturday nights would be useful, thanks.
    It's a mini stag warm up session for the real thing couple of weeks later.

The Northern Quarter is the bit that is fashionable these days and has plenty of late bars - depends what sort of thing you're after. I tend to end up in "The Northern" on Tib Street I think. It's a late night place, fairly fashionable, but not too trendy and you can get a decent pint of ale.

My favourite pub in Manchester is the Britons Protection, just along from the Jurys Inn. You also have the Peveril of the Peak opposite, which is like going back in time.

Steer clear of Deansgate and Cross Steet sort of areas as there's nothing really there. The gay village is always lively depending on your persuasion and outlook.
  • Thanks A T will take note, just late night beers and a titty bar will prob go down well!

We are staying in piccadilly, is that fairly close?