Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Norwich sign Stephen Elliot on loan for rest of season

Norwich have signed Preston striker Stephen Elliott on loan until the end of the season.

The Republic of Ireland striker has fallen down the pecking order at Deepdale since the arrival of Danny Welbeck on loan from Manchester United.

He's the ex Sunderland lad. Very good at this level I would imagine. :-(

Comments

• Options
    Thought he would have been good at The Valley but we cannot afford him.

Not so worried about him going to Norwich as they already have Holt, Martin and Oli Johnson who all have good scoring records for them this season. Like Dickov at Leeds, not sure where he will fit in.
  • Options
    not sure we can afford to keep Jonnie Jackson (although I'm sure the money will be found if he's our only left back) so bugger all chance of us getting anyone else in...
  • Options
    Dare I say it, would rather Stephen Elliot to Mooney, Akpo and McKenzie
  • Options
    Let's all cry
  • Options
    Leeds and Norwich only signing these strikers as mostly back up, as they really need it for the promotion push. We haven't got the money, so let's just let them get on with spending their money. If Norwich really fluff up from now on in and don't go up they may be in as much trouble as us...
  • Options
    Norwich could be in even more trouble than us if they do not go up, Holt and Hoolohan are not worth nearly as much as Shelvey and Bailey imho.
  • Options
    If Moo2 goes that's Jacko money plus maybe a bit more
  • Options
    Strange. Do Norwich need a striker? Decent signing, definitely would prefer him to Dickov, Akpo or Mooney. Then again, I would've taken McSheffrey or Vokes and they both flopped at Leeds (so far in McSheffrey's case)
  • Options
    We've got four strikers , barring injury i hope that would be enough.

If Mackenzie becomes fit , maybe he would be like a new signing.
  • Options
    2 goals on Sat, albeit tap ins I would not have banked on Mooney to score them.