Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RIP PC Mick Rogers

DA9DA9
edited March 2010 in Not Sports Related
I have already mentioned this on another thread about Mick below, but feel it needs a dedicated thread, Mick passed away last week.

RIP Mick, thanks for being a stand up gent.

Comments

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    That is so sad. The man was a legend & a gent. He got me out of a hole on many occassions particularly at Leicester one year. Found myself in the shop after a misdemeanour during a one all draw up there one year. Mr Rogers came to see me after the game & I quote "Oh no Tony, not you again. I'll see what I can do but I'm not hopeful this time". Half hour later the peep hole in my cell door opened & Mr Rogers said "it's your lucky day, but this is the last time".

Mr Rogers always used to look after us on trips & had the respect of everyone.

RIP Mr Rogers.
  • Options
    RIP. His beat was also around Charlton, used to have a chat with him when I was working at Delta Cables in Vic way.
  • Options
    thats such a shame he is someone i still tell people about now, i dont think anyone knows who works at there local police station,let alone have a one to one with there local bobby. he was a real gent you never steped out of line with him as you had so much respect for him. does anyone know when the funeral is and where.
  • Options
    christ almighty I can't believe it, I was only talking to his son a couple of weeks ago,and he didn't mention his dad was ill or anything.Top top
    guy who looked after us lot in the late 80's early 90's.

Best charlton old bill ever R.I.P MICK
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: itsmyball[/cite]thats such a shame he is someone i still tell people about now, i dont think anyone knows who works at there local police station,let alone have a one to one with there local bobby. he was a real gent you never steped out of line with him as you had so much respect for him. does anyone know when the funeral is and where.

Got someone who was a neighbour (who told me) working on it, will post it up here if they are happy for the details to be made public.
  • Options
    PC Rogers,

Reknowned and admired by all i would pressume who followed us through the 80's and 90's.

I wont go through the holes he got me out of but there were a few, proberly the only copper that i have ever met that spoke to football fans like they are normal people i had the up most respect for this man .

To his family my thoughts are with you.

True Terrace legend

RIP PC Rogers
  • Options
    R.I.P
  • Options
    He was Charlton "Old Bill". A true legend. He couldn't have been that old.

What a shame

R.I.P.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    R.I.P.

Really decent to everyone, saved one of my mates from a certain nick at Luton one year.
  • Options
    Mick Rodgers it is always the good ones who pass away to early.Always ready to have a chat with you and point you in the right direction.Local beat man around Charlton.Had many dealings with him at away games re travel not trouble i may add.One man you could lookup to and always respect .Got me into Grimsby one day when i had been sitting in a pub too long.RIP Mick The World is a poorer place without you.My feelings go out to his family and friends.
    A ture diamond .God bless you governor.
  • Options
    R.I.P.

P.C Rogers.

A true Gent.
  • Options
    There will never be another like him.

Not allowed now.

RIP
  • Options
    Mick used to stand outside my flat when I used to live in Floyd road, Used to have a chat with him about how many away fans were comimg down etc

Like people have said a true honest bobby!

RIP Mick
  • Options
    sAD NEWS RIP MICK

A greatr copper esp away from home he'd always come up and tip u the wink shut the fuck up or they're gonna nick ya.

TOP bloke
  • Options
    I think I know Mick but, whether I do or not, sounds like he was a top bloke and will be sadly missed. RIP Mick.
  • Options
    As I said on the other post I grew up with pc rodgers from visiting pound park right up till I left our lady of grace in 1992 he's talks were always a highlight from not going off with strangers, mucking about on the train tracks to calming everyone done when the urban legend chelsea smiliers were on the prowl in charlton in there blue van.. I remeber him clear as a bell in my head big tall guy with a beard and the kindest policeman I ever meet. I remember one home game seing him many years after id left our lady of grace was with my sister who was 2 years above me we went over and said hello and he said he loved going into the local schools, I'm sure he probably ended up knicking a few of my classmates in recent years, but a top bloke if only the modern met was half as honest and decent as him london would be an amazing town to live in.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I think I know Mick but, whether I do or not, sounds like he was a top bloke and will be sadly missed. RIP Mick.

he is in one of the pics from the Brissle Rovers match in 1992 that was posted here the other month
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sad news. Remember many an away trip by train in the early 90's where Mick was on board, and had the respect of all charlton train away followers. Remember him coming around on the train on the way back from some long trip, and saying believe yourself lads, cause i want a couple of beers on the train back, and want to get out of this uniform (old bill uniform, into civilles).

Pity there are not more coppers like him.

RIP.
  • Options
    good man well liked by most R.I.P
  • Options
    His funeral is at Eltham Crematorium on 25th March 3.15 pm . I know it was mentioned in the lib about sending some flowers,i'm more than happy to contribute,but don't really know how to organise these things.If someone is prepared to do it, we could send some flowers and maybe donate to a preferred charity.I could find that out if needed.
  • Options
    Top man gave me a few touches abd got me out of some dodgy situations RIP Mick I am sure if the met had more like him this country would be a better place
  • Options
    bump re flowers etc
  • Options
    im in for a donation
  • Options
    as i said i will donate but dont know how or have the time to do the organising.
  • Options
    Ill organise the flowers but would need input on what you would like to order and the words. Ill collect some money on saturday and see how much we get. if everyone gave a couple of quid we should be okay. please let others know.
  • Options
    good one B
  • Options
    thanks b much appreciated