Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

lower league player sent to prison for on field tackle

On talksport this morning, a lower league player has been convicted and given a prison sentance for a tackle on the pitch during a game, will this open the floodgates? Roy keene on haaland springs to mind, some things that happen on the pitch ie elbows and punches go un punished if you or I did the same on a sat night we would be locked and up and bang in trouble, I think its a good thing and will hopefully make them realise there not untouchable..

Comments

• Options
    I heard that, I'm sure they'll be more talk about it on some of the other shows throughout the day.

dangerous ground if you ask me and sets a bit of a precedent !, wonder if there's video of the tackle in question.
  • Options
    lets hope it was robbie savage
  • Options
    Blizzard?
  • Options
    I think you have to take it in context. The gentleman in question, who has previous for GBH, was unquestionably deliberately trying to hurt a bloke as the ball was dribbling out of play, with just seconds to play. The guy will go through months of reconstructive surgery and is struggling to work and support his family, and definitely won't be playing sports again. If this guy had waited until 30 seconds after the final whistle and headbutted his victim, breaking his nose and jaw, the victim would have been a lot better off and nobody would be wringing their hands about it "dangerous ground" when the thug got convicted, which is very odd.

In my opinion he deserves all the bumming he gets in jail.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]I think you have to take it in context. The gentleman in question, who has previous for GBH, was unquestionably deliberately trying to hurt a bloke as the ball was dribbling out of play, with just seconds to play. The guy will go through months of reconstructive surgery and is struggling to work and support his family, and definitely won't be playing sports again. If this guy had waited until 30 seconds after the final whistle and headbutted his victim, breaking his nose and jaw, the victim would have been a lot better off and nobody would be wringing their hands about it "dangerous ground" when the thug got convicted, which is very odd.

In my opinion he deserves all the bumming he gets in jail.

One violent tackle from behind for another.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]In my opinion he deserves all the bumming he gets in jail.

So composed, then you lost the plot with that line. made me chuckle tho ;-D
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]I think you have to take it in context. The gentleman in question, who has previous for GBH, was unquestionably deliberately trying to hurt a bloke as the ball was dribbling out of play, with just seconds to play.

He had no previous convictions.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]I think you have to take it in context. The gentleman in question, who has previous for GBH, was unquestionably deliberately trying to hurt a bloke as the ball was dribbling out of play, with just seconds to play.

Did I ever tell you before that I love a man who has no convictions?
  • Options
    The guy who was tackled was on talksport totally unprevoked horfric tackle, he is self employed and has 2 kids has been unable to work since, he said the guy called mark chapman hasn't apologised or shown any remorse, infact once he smash his legs to bits he ran off the pitch and ran home still in his kit left all his gear at the pitch. They guy whose leg is broken in two is on 60 quid a week benefit it truly is sad listing to him talk. He's going to need a bone graft! Listen again to mike parry and andy townshend on talksport.net
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do you think they could jail Ben Thatcher now then retrospectively for his forearm smash on Mendes? That may not have left the player in such a poor state as this Sunday League chap but he still deserves it. Certain things on a footy pitch have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the game and are entirely inexcusable.

You could make a case for a tackle like Blizzards being in the heat of the moment, badly timed etc but the Thatcher one was "with intent" and from the sounds of it this Sunday League one was too.
  • Options
    Wasn't Duncan Ferguson jailed for something he did on the pitch during a match for Rangers?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]

Did I ever tell you before that I love a man who has no convictions?

Wooooosh!

Shame. This site used to be with it.
  • Options
    My missus says that my tackle is illegal...some have got it, some havnt!
  • Options

Is it all OK then? Should we suck him off?
  • Options
    Why must you be so crass? What's the point?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]

Is it all OK then? Should we suck him off?

Yes, I agree Lookie, rather crass.

No, it doesn't make it alright.

I was merely correcting the statement made that the person had previous convictions for GBH when the press reports clearly stated he had no previous convictions.

Most people would accept that a person with previous convictions for a crime would receive a more severe sentence than one with no previous convictions so it was a relevant point.

What he did was bad enough. It wasn't necessary to mis-represent the facts about him.