Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

West Ham sign Quashie

Bit of an odd one that - £1.75m seems a bit steep for an ordinary player.

PS Did anyone else chuckle at Curbs' comment about Boa Morte being "versatile"...

Comments

• Options
    Fancied him for CAFC whilst AC with us and when Southampton went down prior to him moving to WBA. Another one slips by perhaps
  • Options
    David Prutton would be a good one, as would have been Matt Kilgannon
  • Options
    it will be interesting that we'll get to see over the next six months some of the signings Curbs would of tried to sign here if he had a bigger budget.

Boa Morte and Quasie for nearly £7m isn't particularly fantastic on the surface.
  • Options
    I reckon you pay up to 100% more for players in the transfer window, a la Marcus Bent, cos competition is so fierce
  • Options
    He seems to be paying over the odds anyway - I don't think Boa Morte is worth £5m of anyone's Icelandic puffins.

Bearing in mind Curbs walked out of his press conference against Brighton, and was slated in that Sun column today, he's actually under real scrutiny for the first time in his career - these are interesting times.
  • Options
    Yes, this will be fascinating to see how Curbishley handles the current situation at West Ham.
    My guess is that he will probably keep them up but that it will all go tits up next season when he gets them mid-table and the Icelanders decide that he is not the man to take them any further.
    I don't wish Curbs any ill will at all but the fact is that some of these cashed up chairman want fast results and Curbs is not that sort of manager at all.
    I would say Curbs would be best off at a Sunderland or Boro where they have more patient boards that will back the manager long term.
  • Options
    they do sound expensive,but i haven't seen any real bargains either elsewhere.and if these are actually fair value as prices have roofed with
    extra premiership cash soon available,would our purchases (if they had lived up to expectations) been fairly priced in themselves,with bent now worth closer to 20m than 10m?
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Curbishley is doing another Charlton and they won't stand for it once (if!) they're safe - meanwhile we should be trying to beg, borrow or steal anyone that can help sort the team / squad - unless ZZ is a complete star we still need a couple in the door right now and I wonder what all these scouts / int'l networks have been up to since nothing has happened yet and we have all known for a while where we are light
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: seriously_red[/cite] unless ZZ is a complete star we still need a couple in the door right now and I wonder what all these scouts / int'l networks have been up to since nothing has happened yet and we have all known for a while where we are light
    But if we've got no dosh for transfer fees then that makes it much more difficult.
  • Options
    We've got little debt and the board have hinted at investing a few quid - we should borrow or find investors to keep us at this table. Even if we lose the fight I reckon it will be a good warm up for pushing into the top six next year for play-offs / promotion
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saw Nigel Quashie at the game yesterday. He's not been allowed to train with West Ham at all by Zola. Don't know any more than this but wonder if he'd be a good signing for us? Would he actually get in our team at the moment?
  • Options
    Isnt this a record for reviving a thread? Previous post 34 months ago?!! Anyone beating this?! ;-)
  • Options
    Its so long ago we were still in the Prem!
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Saw Nigel Quashie at the game yesterday. He's not been allowed to train with West Ham at all by Zola. Don't know any more than this but wonder if he'd be a good signing for us? Would he actually get in our team at the moment?
    [cite]Posted By: SilentAddick[/cite]Isnt this a record for reviving a thread? Previous post 34 months ago?!! Anyone beating this?! ;-)
  • Options
    Doesnt he hold the record for being relegated from the Prem with the most different clubs?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Starinnaddick[/cite]Doesnt he hold the record for being relegated from the Prem with the most different clubs?

I think he's up there with the record holders but what about Hreidarsson? Palace, Wimbledon, Charlton and maybe Portsmouth this year...
  • Options
    He wouldn't be a good signing for my Sunday morning team!
  • Options
    Quasie was training last week with MK Dons
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Quasie was training last week with MK Dons

Good! Was starting to question Parkinsons judgement for a moment then! Almost felt the urge to post several rants on the GET OUT PARKINSON!!!!!! thread!