Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Jean (Bromley Coach) Appreciation Thread

What a lady she is, she missed a hospital operation to go to Tranmere didn't you know.

Comments

• Options
    legend
  • Options
    Agreed legend.
  • Options
    morison booked
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]morison booked

Jean hasn't been booked.
  • Options
    She's a treasure...a really lovely bubbly lady....................does a great Christmas buffet for Bromley Addicks too.
  • Options
    But wouldya? ;-)
  • Options
    "She's a treasure...a really lovely bubbly lady....................does a great Christmas buffet for Bromley Addicks too."

Seconded. After that dousing at Yeovil there she was with warming coffee before we'd reached the main road. And the Bromley buffet seemed to extend to the Christmas coach as well with "in-flight" festive snacks to and from Stockport. What a warm, selfless, lovely person.
  • Options
    She's an absolute treasure.

I'm sure I've seen a picture of her in a Charlton book somewhere of her on an away day from the days before I was born.

I'm 55 this year!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Her first game was in the 1940s.

Proper Charlton!
  • Options
    who is bromleys manager?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]who is bromleys manager?

None other than our very own Henry (The Special One) Irving.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]But wouldya? ;-)[/quote]

I supsect Jean was a bit of a sort in her day..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Paddy7[/cite]After that dousing at Yeovil there she was with warming coffee before we'd reached the main road.

All be it taking about half hour to get to the main road and replaying Hancok about twice on the journey back
  • Options
    stop moaning nathan
  • Options
    Jean along with Betty are absolute Charlton treasures.

I can imagine at some clubs they would be embarassed at what is basically a couple of old girls. But I think it is fantastic that at Charlton they are embraced and treated with respect. I know Betty better than Jean, and a lot of people my age who started going aways on her coach when they were younger know that she always looked out for them, and in a few cases helped ensure they never got lifted.

It will be a sad day when the likes of Jean and Bet stop travelling. They are the type we should all be proud of.
  • Options
    Who reckons we should buy these people who work on the coaches a bunch of flowers to be presented on the way to/from Oldham?

Showing appreication goes a long way :)
  • Options
    When I was selling paper for a living, Jean worked for one of my customers. Loved going in to see them and chatting with Jean about the Addicks, much more interesting than talking about SRA2 350gsm coated board...