Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Virus Warning

Comments

• Options
    My work pc got a virus from this site today.whats going on????????
  • Options
    Got a bad virus from this today.

Can't stop coughing
  • Options
    Last time I look at this site,it is not safe here.
    Norton says so and so do I.
    See ya.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rodex[/cite]Last time I look at this site,it is not safe here.
    Norton says so and so do I.
    See ya.
    Bye then
  • Options
    How can people running Norton say this site is unsafe yet I'm running Norton and it's fine.

Change your browser!
  • Options
    Who wants a "safe" computer anyway?

Surely it's all about the passion, the banter, getting amongst it and calling people c**ts and using murder as a tool in the wind-up armoury.

Sorry ........... wrong thread ...............
  • Options
    Are palace infiltrating this site?, yeh i got a virus after visiting the other day, called Windows "Reset virus", wanted me to pay £40 to solve 11 errors, lost all my icons.
    Have now finally got it sorted anyone else still having problems ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ashford addick[/cite]Are palace infiltrating this site?, yeh i got a virus after visiting the other day, called Windows "Reset virus", wanted me to pay £40 to solve 11 errors, lost all my icons.
    Not to sound like one of those know-it-all plonkers, but reading your post it seems that you probably need to learn how to use a computer before attempting the Internet. Check out your local college - they do really good, cheap courses on how to use windows, and stay safe online.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ashford addick[/cite]Are palace infiltrating this site?, yeh i got a virus after visiting the other day, called Windows "Reset virus", wanted me to pay £40 to solve 11 errors, lost all my icons.
    Not to sound like one of those know-it-all plonkers, but reading your post it seems that you probably need to learn how to use a computer before attempting the Internet. Check out your local college - they do really good, cheap courses on how to use windows, and stay safe online.

LOL
  • Options
    recently when i go on this site at work, avast goes mental with virus threats

thought it was just me!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ive just recieved the same virus for a second time in a week from this site and it's getting beyond a joke. Something has to be sorted.
  • Options
    I've actually had to stop visiting the site from the work PC, and only check from home Mac. Appreciate what everyone has said, but tired of apologising to the work IT folks. Bit of a pain matchday, but...
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited April 2011
    Nothing at work on Firefox or Internet Explorer.

Nothing at home on Chrome on PC or Mac.

I'm sure LookOut is looking into it from a technical point of view but it doesnt help when the "attacks" seem to be sporadic and only affecting some people now and again.
  • Options
    WSS, Fair point. I'm IE at work, and Firefox (Mac) at home. Never a problem at home, but at work for a while there it would reinfect every time I tried it, so I stopped. Sort of trying to keep an eye on this thread, hoping there's a general "all-clear".
  • Options
    I think unless we stop people posting links and things like that it will never completely go.

I'm no technical bod though, I'm sure Leroy will pipe up shortly though. ;-)
  • Options
    I can't risk coming here on my PC anymore . I have to access it via my iPhone which limits me to what I can do .
    I have an up to date McAfee virus software and I still got a nasty virus on my pc yesterday. It deleted many files on my Pc including pictures of my family. ( luckily I have them on an external hard drive).

The worrying thing Is for people visiting this site us that I at no stage clicked on a link. It just happened as soon as I looked at a post. It's the second time it's happened. I seriously feel that this threatens the future of Charlton Life and it has to be addressed .
  • Options
    Ok I am posting here from my iPod.
    I have had THREE pcs infected from this site.
    Can somebody please look into this problem.

Steve.
  • Options
    Steve and others, we can only humbly apologise at this stage. A full investigation is being undrrtaken today
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I have now found that the virus picked up on this site has deleted over 700 family pictures and all my work documents. I'm extremely angry .I am posting this from my iPhone now.
  • Options
    Scoham posted....

I've been using Microsoft Security Essentials, it's free and seems fine. Did have AVG (the free edition) before that, but this was meant to be better. It did find a couple of dodgy files AVG didn't, though I don't think they were anything serious.

I am also using MSE....it still got through and caused a big stain!! Anyway MSE indentified the virus but could not remove it on a normal scan, to do that you need to boot in safe mode and run a full system scan (takes hours) it can then remove the Virus "Alureon . s "....if it helps.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do you know of any file recovery software that can retreave my photos and documents ?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Bedsaddick,
    Has your 'All Programs' list from the start bar also dissapeared, along with your desktop icons.

This happended to me at the weekend after getting this fake virus.
    The programs and files are all still on the PC, they are just hidden.

To fix this, run malawarebytes - as other posters have suggested and then download unhide.exe from this site:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic387790.html

The link for unhide.exe is found in the last post.

It worked for me and all is now running fine.

Hope this Helps
  • Options
    Reading the above posts I think I might well have the same thing.

Am really hoping it is a fake one anyway as it's saying I have no photos or music on my c drive and my hard drive has meant to have crashed. (backed up but not since October stupidly).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]Do you know of any file recovery software that can retreave my photos and documents ?

As Phantom User has said "the files are there" just hidden, what you could try is a system restore from say 3 days ago, you should then see your files and be able to run a full scan in safe mode....
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: revellinit[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]Do you know of any file recovery software that can retreave my photos and documents ?[/quote]

As Phantom User has said "the files are there" just hidden, what you could try is a system restore from say 3 days ago, you should then see your files and be able to run a full scan in safe mode....[/quote]

First thing i did was try a system restore and I have searched for the files but to no avail. This Virus has cleared my hard drive as the virus pop ups said . What happening resolve this CL ?
  • Options
    Beds it might help if you could provide the guys with some more information
    !) Which virus is it?
    2) What browser version are you using (IE6, Firefox3.6 etc)
    3) What operating system does your PC run on? (XP, Vista, Windows 7)
    4) What AV and/or antispyware are you running, and when did you last update them?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Phantom User[/cite]Bedsaddick,
    Has your 'All Programs' list from the start bar also dissapeared, along with your desktop icons.

This happended to me at the weekend after getting this fake virus.
    The programs and files are all still on the PC, they are just hidden.

To fix this, run malawarebytes - as other posters have suggested and then download unhide.exe from this site:

[url]http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic387790.html[/url]

Yes!!! Thanks for that. Got all my files back! I owe you a drink mate much relieved!

The link for unhide.exe is found in the last post.

It worked for me and all is now running fine.

Hope this Helps[/quote]
  • Options
    Decided to access CL on my pc after picking up a debilitating virus a week ago and within 10 seconds my virus software flagged up a Trojan disguised as an Adobe update. The site is still infected. Be careful people.
  • Options
    yep still infected
  • Options
    Morning All.
    Sorry, Off subject, but....

Keep getting "Vista Security 2011" popping up on screen telling Me, amongst others, that "Tracking Software Found", "System Security Alert" & "Stealth Warning. Did a "Microsoft Essentials" Full scan overnight & that tells Me that 3865788 items were scanned and Protection is working & Computer is "Clean".
    Can I remove this "Vista" thing or is a take it to the Shop job ?

Thanks in advance
    MoG.