Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MK Dons

Comments

• Whats all this about? Fake fans, stolen club ect...I couldn't give a shit, that's up to them ain't it!

Im sure you have given your money to bigger "franchises" in the past.

Get over it, stop being part of the usual charlton do gooder society , and get down to Stadium MK to support our boys in what will no doubt be one of the most important games of the season!
  • And your problem is what Glenn? That I don't give a shit about the children of Milton Keynes.

Not going, won't endorse it by entering the ground, if you think it's not good enough, well stick it where the sun don't shine.

Suppose people who boycotted Selhurst are bad people in somes eyes on here.
  • I thought we supported Charlton. Going to MK to support my team not the home club.

Do the ones that want to boycott this game not go to Palarse away because they stiched us up in the past so going to shithurst means we are supporting them in some way. In the end we support Charlton wherever they are playing and whatever ground it is we go to show our players that we support them.
  • I'm staggered that our stance is so hard to understand.
  • edited March 2010
    Got my ticket today for this, looking forward to it. A new ground and could be a pivitol match. Although it would be good if more teams would boycott playing Franchise FC, it will not make a difference.

Also it is vital we take a healthy following there as a win could make such a difference to the rest of our season.

Edit: Just looked at Football Ground Guide website and it said, the away end houses 3000 so maybe if/when we sell the first 1500, there will be more. Going to coach this one as typically the new stadium is miles from anywhere except an Asda. The site tries to make out the stadium is different from the other Meccano Coventry/Colchester grounds, but tbh it does not look it.
  • i understand some peoples point of view but the bottom line is if Wimbledon had supported their club in numbers this would never had happened.Unfortunately it was not cost effective for the club to run at selhurst park outside of the premiership.They punched above their weight for many years and gave away fans as many tickets as they wished whilst in the premiership,they were never going to be sustainable playing at selhurst outside of the premiership,as their fanbase was that of a old second/third division club (today's 1st/2nd div).It's a shame they couldn't manouvre a move back to plough lane ( i don't know whether this had been built on by the time they left selhurst) as this was the only way they could have stayed a float in the championship/div1 even a move to kingstonian at that time would have been better.Selhurst was way too big for them out of the top tier as they moved there whilst playing in the premiership.I will go to mk dons to watch charlton my early memories of watching wimbledon were as a southern league team and any team that evolves from that level will never be able to sustain a ground of over 10,000 .
  • WSSWSS
    edited March 2010
    I understand the stance, but this below overides any feelings I have. Maybe my morals are out of place but I support Charlton first and foremost. I don't agree with how they 'stole' Wimbledon and never will. Will it stop me suppoting MY club? Nope.
    [cite]Posted By: southamptonaddick[/cite]I thought we supported Charlton. Going to MK to support my team not the home club.

Do the ones that want to boycott this game not go to Palarse away because they stiched us up in the past so going to shithurst means we are supporting them in some way. In the end we support Charlton wherever they are playing and whatever ground it is we go to showourplayers that wesupport them.
    And my lighthearted comments are not meant to dig out any football fans who don't want to go, I respect your wider views on the 'orrible murky world of football politics. I'm just interested, at the moment, in supporting Charlton Athletic in any way I can and if that means a trip to Stadium:MK then i'll go.
  • Well if you pay your money to the franchise for your ticket, help support OUR boys in what could prove a pivotal match in getting us out of this shite league then maybe you wont have to worry in the future about having to dish your money out to them in order to watch your own team play!Charlton comes first all day long for me!F**k the opposition!
  • I agree that Franchise should never have been able to start a new club at league level and should have started at the bottom like AFC did.

Do find it funny now though that AFC get bigger crowds in the Ryman than they did in the top division (including at Plough Lane) and take about 20 times away from home than they ever did.

Would Wimbledon FC have brought 3500 to Millwall in the cup? I dont think they took that to Wembley in 1988.

Cant compare them to us because we are a proper football club with history, and proper fans who fought tooth and nail to get what we wanted - Wimbledons gave up.

Cant stand MK Dons because they are a fake club but will go to support my team in an important fixture.
  • I cant believe people wont go to see their team because of the history of the football club their team is playing it is not as if they condone child molestation or racism is it then you would have a real valid point.

What better place for you to go and tell the opposing club of your views,

stand together sing songs sit in thier boozers and tell them how wrong it is what they have done In your opinion.

If you cant go to a match because of finances or comitments dont go but if at this time your finmances and time dictate that you can go and support them with as much passion as you can muster
  • Sponsored links:

• Hope none of these people went to Highbury/Emirates.
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Hope none of these people went to Highbury/Emirates.

lol i did and will go MK i couldn't care less about morals and what not, im going to go to support CAFC . still think we will get a reasonable turnout
  • Leeds took 4,119 to MKDonalds
    Norwich took 1,525
    Orient took 1,509
    Millwall 1,371

More than Wimbledon got in the Premiership :-). Use it or lose it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Hope none of these people went to Highbury/Emirates.
    I'm getting a sense of deja vu. Do we have to go through all of this again?

The are similarities between MK Dons and AFC Wimbledon, who aren't as saintly as some believe.
  • Im going, and Id urge anyone who supports us to go and support our club...its about us, not them....AFC are doing very well and I suspect will be in Div 2 in the next couple of years which is about their level...as for MK...just another new ground and not too far to travel and we need the three points
  • MK Dons are a joke of a club, no history, no tradition and everything about them is fake. They can't have any serious rivals and tbh I just see them as a joke and a nothing club.

I wonder what would happen if they went out of the league, most of their "fans" would probs go back to supporting Arsenal/United etc.

As for the game, am just supporting Charlton.
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]MK Dons are a joke of a club, no history, no tradition and everything about them is fake. They can't have any serious rivals and tbh I just see them as a joke and a nothing club.
    As for the game, am just supporting Charlton.

spot on in every dept. got our 2 tickets today, looking forward to hearing us fill the stadium with noise like saints fan mentioned. from what iv seen of their "fans" when on various football shows, the majority look like 50-60 year old prawn sandwich merchants with very little clue about footballing passion and history, the football team could be just a cosy little local social bowling club for all they care. if they had any interest in football they would have made an effort and gone and supported Northampton or Luton
  • paul ince was a passionate footballer, he must hate it there but no one else wanted him after the codswallop of a job he did at ewood park
  • met an MK Dons fan on holiday, he claimed Northampton were their rivals. Ill be going, new ground and could be a very important game.
  • [cite]Posted By: ChiAddick[/cite]claimed

most important word there!

Northampton hate Peterborough and Cambridge, noone else!
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeh but apparently Palace hate Brighton and knowone else and Millwall only hate Wet Spam!
  • definately goin this one. I reckon well take atleast 2000 our away supports been good this season
  • I don't have a particular viewpoint on the club. They get better attendances there and it's not like Wimbledon even played in Wimbledon anyway.

We're going up there on the Friday - staying at the Jurys Inn and then coming back on the Saturday. Looking forward to this one.
  • not going myself but the Golfiemobile is full anyway.
  • I will not be attending this game. Despite the pull of a new ground.
  • I'm going, staying up there after the game. Looking forward to the roundabouts! ;-)
  • Was gonna go but after last weeks performance I don't think I'll bother. Seriously thinking about not going Saturday either.
  • hoping to go to this one

not interested in all the morals bollox - I support CAFC and am desperatly hoping we can hold on for the play-offs and go back up
  • [cite]Posted By: ChiAddick[/cite]met an MK Dons fan on holiday, he claimed Northampton were their rivals. Ill be going, new ground and could be a very important game.

How old was he and who did he support 6 years ago?
  • # 60
    Posted By: ChiAddick
    met an MK Dons fan on holiday, he claimed Northampton were their rivals. Ill be going, new ground and could be a very important game.

How old was he and who did he support 6 years ago?

He was 24 and although i didnt ask him who he supported before he said that it was good to have a football club in the town, he said that there attendances are rising as most round that way were followers of the north london teams.