Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

One NIght In Turin - our Italia 1990 World Cup Film

2»

Comments

• Options
    Nope, but they talk about it and that the Italians were out of order and they have interviews with about 5 English fans and mention that there no English arrested that night and mention how many Italians were arrested
  • Options
    arrested by who exactly, the police did a runner and left their fans to it, not that they got very far, an adrenaline fuelled night that I wont forget.
  • Options
    Trailer live and available to watch - in cinemas Tuesday! :-)

http://www.mymovies.net/player/default.asp?t=One+Night+In+Turin+-+Trailer&trid=10126|6139&filmid=10126&s=1&n=1
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]Trailer live and available to watch - in cinemas Tuesday! :-)

http://www.mymovies.net/player/default.asp?t=One+Night+In+Turin+-+Trailer&trid=10126|6139&filmid=10126&s=1&n=1

Good luck, i may check out the previews later(at work for another 15mins)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]Trailer live and available to watch - in cinemas Tuesday! :-)

Looks good - pity I''m away on business next week otherwise would have gone to see it. Can you get me a private showing the week after ;-)

Would be annoying if it is below par because the book is probably the best football book I have ever read.
  • Options
    I have to say, I think the film is very good actually. There will be other screenings across the UK the week after - check out the website when you're back for more details.
  • Options
    i dont think an england team or tournament ever reached me like that one i love watching the 66 world cup footage but i feel distant from it as it was not my generation, the team of 90 was the last set of players that you could get near, i remember seeing gazza out and about i met lineker in oxford street none of the namby pamby bs now

just thinking back to the platt goal, the cameroon match, then that night against the old enemy shit we were so close
  • Options
    Spot on NLA - good post. Exactly how I feel.
  • Options
    lets hope mr cappello can re ignite my hopes and re ignite that feeling
  • Options
    I really cared about the England team in those days.
    Nowadays as much as I'll be watching the games and hoping they do well, I don't feel they represent ME anymore.

I have the film on pre order by the way & I'd agree the book is one of the best.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hi Guys - Premiere and nationwide cinema release TONIGHT!

STUART PEARCE is joining the director of the film, James Erskine, writer of All Played Out, Pete Davies and Jim Rosenthal in a hosted Q&A after the film's screening at 8.30pm tonight. We are fingers crossed on a couple of major other Italia squad members too ... you never know!

It's nationwide this evening - around 70 cinemas, so bound to be in one near you. What better thing to do than get yourself ready for the upcoming big football matches in our lives than watching this!

www.onenightinturin.co.uk
  • Options
    edited May 2010
  • Options
    Film starts at 8.30pm and the Q&A is after the film.
  • Options
    Hi Clive
    Is it on anywhere in Glasgow? ;-)
    Mmmm...maybe I'll just have to wait for the DVD.
    Cheers
    Weegie
  • Options
    When's it coming out on Pirate Bay...?
  • Options
    Just a gentle nudge to let you all know the DVD and Blu Ray is released on Monday. Remember when the England World Cup side were just a penalty kick away from the World Cup final ....

Available at all good retailers, i-tunes, Sky Box Office and Filmflex Movies on Demand! :-)
  • Options
    Had it on preorder- heard this morning it's been posted!
  • Options
    Good good - spread the word!
  • Options
    Just sat through the film.
    Fantastic!
    It's really fired me up for the World Cup.
    The music is spot on from the period too. Stone Roses, Wedding Present, James, The Farm etc etc - it's also as if someone had got hold of my iPod and checked what I've been listening to, which obviously means I'm 20 years behind the times!

I heartily recommend it.
  • Options
    Glad you approve Marco!

One satisfied customer at least :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Clivey_hero said:

Pants , waited for this for ages and its cheap rubbish, very disappointed .
    Obvioulsly done on a shoe string, the editing is awful. lots of still photographs ,and endless shots of footballers legs running around and kicking a ball , no doubt they didn't have enough copyright to show much of the real action . so they used news clips, stills and studio close ups of grass and legs ........interspersed with pictures of glass being broken against walls to depict the violence ..........don't bother buying it , you can have mine
  • Options
    Saw it at the cinema and to be honest was underwhelmed.

Couple of good scenes, the one that subtitled what Bobby Robson was saying to Gazza after the semi final being one of them.

Missed a trick by not making much of how it gripped the country, would like to have seen footage of people celebrating in England.

One thing it did remind me of though was how well we played against Holland in the group game.
  • Options
    The budget on the film was actually $1m! Do you know how much FIFA footage costs?!

I wasn't a huge fan of the recreated scenes if I'm honest - but the director has put together a decent film that I think recreates the atmosphere better than any other film about Italia '90!

The film is not like any other hollywood or even Brit movie that will sell internationally, so that's why the budget is only $1m - however, that's the most expensive British documentary made in the last 10 years!

I do think it's good - I'm biased of course, but it hits the nail on the head better than anything else out there - and our contemporary documentaries just wheel out a load of fat, balding footballers all in need of a grand for 10 minutes interview and talking heads - at least the film is purely 1990 archive.
  • Options
    Watched this last night. Was only 2 in 1990 but still fully appreciated the film. Captured Gazza's pain particularly well and bought back for me the memories of the numerous penalty heartaches England have suffered in the years since then. Looking at how things were in 1990 with that squad of players though seems a bit more 'real' than what we have today. Proper football and proper English. I suppose it's the money that's ruined things a bit. Gutted I missed out on that era really. Even Euro 96 which is really my first memories of international football seemed more proper than what we've got today. That said, Come on England!
    Thumbs up from me.
    (Top soundtrack as well)
  • Options
    Although I do agree with some of the negative comments, it still bought tear to my eye. I was 15 in 1990 and was in full CAFC & England mode. I knew a few lads who went out there, and to Sweden in 92. I hope our sub's bench during this world cup get involved as much as the lads did in 1990, probably the best England squad to date. I thought it was worth £9.99.
  • Options
    Just stumbled across the Kevin Allen video diary from Italia 90 on youtube, worth a watch if you haven't seen it before.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Southstandred#p/u/11/Buq4W01pXus