Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

LIVERPOOL 96

Can someone explain why in recent weeks have the Liverpool fans upped the anti for justice for the 96 who died at Hillsborough.Obviously the tradegy happened a long time ago yet in last 2 months there seems to have been more publicity for the fans that died.Is there a specific reason for this?

Comments

• Options
    I believe Kelvin Mackenzie...editor of the Sun at the time of Hillsborough and responsible for the stories that Liverpool fans were robbing the pockets of the dead/dying fans etc has been spouting off about the "true" story of what happened.
  • Options
    Kelvin McKenzie still hasn't retracted his comments made when he was editor of the sun- and, i believe, the BBC are commisioning a series from him, and basically the Liverpool fans are trying to get this knocked back.

Not commenting on rights or wrongs of this- but total respect for the way the Liverpool fans kept the protest going for the 6 minutes at the start of their FA Cup match.
  • Options
    Lets hope they do the same on the anniversary of Heysel.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    EDIT: Wot stanmore said.

Also see kopblog for a good summary fo the weekend's protest. Impressive supporters' organisation.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    It all kicked off again last month - he was spouting off about Hillsborough at a "private" dinner, unfortunately for him it was leaked to the Liverpool Echo.

Ironically, he's been working for the BBC, an organisation he professes to hate, so the Scousers have been trying to get him dropped.

Whatever you think of the events surrounding Heysel, the man's vermin and deserves everything he gets from them over Hillsborough. Shame he pretends to be a Charlton fan as well.
  • Options
    It's simple really...there were TV cameras there plus dozens of photographers and eye witnesses, yet no credible account or photographic evidence has been produced to support Mackenzie's allegations.

Therefore I do not believe him.
  • Options
    My only problem is it took Liverpool and the fans nearly 20 years to say sorry for Heysel
  • Options
    shocking but interesting read.
  • Options
    my problem with the whole hillsbrough thing is that even though the fa were at fault for the ticket allocations and the police dealt with it terribly still no-one wants to mention the way some of the liverpool supporters behaved in trying to storm the ground without tickets.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]my problem with the whole hillsbrough thing is that even though the fa were at fault for the ticket allocations and the police dealt with it terribly still no-one wants to mention the way some of the liverpool supporters behaved in trying to storm the ground without tickets.

agree with the police comment and the behaviour of some liverpool fans, but how can the fa be to blame for allocating tickets. surely the same number of tickets would've been issued if forest had that end. i don't know all the ins and outs of the trgedy but surely sheff wed or sheffield city council or whoever gives safety certificate cannot be blameless for the allocation (number) of tickets.
    i know a liverpool fan who was at that game, and the feeling i had watching those pictures on grandstand as a 19 year old will stay with me to the grave, as will the relief of the telephone call from his mother hours later to confirm he was alright.
    even though i mentioned sheff wed and the city council i dont want to now start to lay blame on something, i really hope football has learnt all it can from, and anything remotely like it never happens again.
  • Options
    genuinely believe that the bottom line is that 96 people,football fans like us, died an absolutely horrible death.

For me, nearly eighteen years on, that's where it starts and it ends
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stanmoreaddick[/cite]genuinely believe that the bottom line is that 96 people,football fans like us, died an absolutely horrible death.

For me, nearly eighteen years on, that's where it starts and it ends

Absolutely.

I really don't know how anyone can really get stuck into the blame issue.

Every time i see the word 'Hillsborough' all i can see is what i saw at home watching Grandstand as it unfolded.

Don't think i'll ever lose those images.
  • Options
    And anyone who has stood in the Leepings Lane end can understand how it happened,from my memories you had to get into that middle section to go to either side.With a lot of people turning up or going in at the same time there is only one conclusion on what would and did happen.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Christ... It was terrible wasn't it... I remeber watching that semi final.... I want to read stanmores post but I think Ill have to give it a minute or do it tomorrow or something....

Heavy is the word