Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jonjo - Has he already gone?

2»

Comments

• Parky reads this board FACT (the useless tw*T) so he will play Jon Jo next game or im sending 1905 round your house with a very large hammer , you wont hear the boo boys after that.
  • edited March 2010
    If we were Chelsea or Arsenal or Utd we would realise the asset we have in Jon Jo and loan him out to the lower leagues to cut his teeth where he would have good games, indifferent games and poor games just like any player starting out. There would also likely be a clause to insist that he got his fair share of first team football to keep him sharp and help him to delevop so that his potential would eventually be realised.

I have seen Jon Jo have some indifferent games and some poor games this season as is expected from a youngster in a struggling team and I have also seen this of some more seasoned pros in our squad this term. I have also seen him put in some outstanding performances and also show some flashes of brilliance that put him above average in this league and even championship level in a way i havent seen since Parker and Bowyer came through the ranks.

Second half against Millwall (apologies if he was injured) would have been an ideal setting for him to get a go as he would have got in the mix and who knows maybe have provided the creativity that we so lacked that fateful afternoon. Yes he may have lost his head and got booked etc as some implied in that pressure cooker environment but then again (as I believe) he probably would have not shown bad discipline and I cannot understand how he didnt even get a look in.

We have a hungry, determined talent who has shown loyalty to us and the manager by sticking around and I really struggle to see how he cant get into (in his preferred most effective position) in our current crop of world beaters.

He isnt anywhere near the finished article yet but when he is he will be some player from the majority of what ive seen and id rather see him do the business for us on his way to reaching that potential than flick on MOTD in a few years to see him carving open premiership defences for some other outfit.

What has Parkinson got to lose by playing him in our remaining 9 games?....asloutely nothing in my opinion. But then again Im just a mere fan who expects us to play our best players in a team of poor performers.
  • Great post from Rodney. Hope Parky is reading for there are a few essential home truths in there...
  • Good post, Rodney.

We all wanted him to stay so much, and he did. For him to be rewarded like this makes me sad. We needed to see Jonjo in the team on Saturday so that it would send a message over what happened at the toolbox - we needed his passion and his talent. At least he knows that whatever Parky thinks of him, the fans still want to see him playing for CAFC....