Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Matt Spring A Pointless Player And Waste Of Money?

2»

Comments

• Options
    maybe start the next game the way we were meant to be against Swindon at home before sodje and burton got sent off...a diamond 4-4-2?

GK:Randolph
    RB: Richardson
    CB: Sodje
    CB: Dailly
    LB: Borrowdale
    DM: Semedo
    CM: Bailey
    CM: Spring
    AM: Shelvey
    ST: Mooney
    ST: Sodje
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    we need shelvey back in this team quickly, I say spring provides the right balance for having shelvey in the team: notable games - Leeds (away) / Swindon (home)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Spring can do a job but he's not going to turn our season around.

How do you know?

He hasn't been given a decent run in the team, he could play the last 9 and be the turning point, balance the team a lot more than it is.

So do we stick with the same team then? Is that working any better for us?
    I wasn't saying keep the same team, I'm saying what we've seen of Spring he's unlikely to change the way the entire team are playing. Even if he plays well, we need other players to start playing like they can, Bailey, Sam etc. Spring can help them if he makes the team more balanced, but he can't control how they play.
  • Options
    But that is what we are missing in the midfield though isn't it?

We have singularly good players but we are missing the piece that binds them all together.

Look, from what I've seen all season it's bleedin obvious. Spring ain't our best player but he does the unsung job that we need right now. The job that most don't realise is enough to chant his name - but important never-the-less and IMO what is missing of late.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Well we're missing a threat going forward down the right with Sam and Richardson's lack of form. We're missing Bailey's goals because he's not scored recently. Semedo's doing ok though I wouldn't play him with Spring. We're missing Racon's... form? Up front we will now miss Burton's mixture of intelligence and presence (compared to Mooney). We've missed Youga for most of the season.

I can see what you're saying but I don't see Spring bringing that all together. I think the bigger issue is that the players simply aren't playing well enough, rather than a specific player should be in the team. The team doesn't look balanced with Bailey on the left and an underperforming Racon in the middle, but with a fit Reid we can have a balanced midfield and from there they need them to perform.
  • Options
    Well anyway - I am sure that spring will not even get in the team. Most, it seems (including PP), don't rate him enough and would rather give the usual suspects chance after chance.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red5[/cite]would rather give the usual suspects chance after chance.
    I agree with that point, I can see what Spring offers, may well be worth trying him out, but I just think it's far more about performances as individuals and as a team over the actual formation and line up.
  • Options
    Randolph / Loanee (I'll leave that to Parky)

Richardson
    Llera
    Dailly
    Borrowdale

Sam
    Semedo
    Bailey
    Shelvey
    Reid

Mooney

Subs:

Keeper
    Solly
    Sodje S
    Spring
    Racon
    Wagstaff
    Sodje A

How many loanees are we allowed to play / have in the 18?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]

How many loanees are we allowed to play / have in the 18?

From my memory of last season, 6