Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

VIDEO: Charlton vs. Gillingham

Comments

• Options
    good work again choice ...... i liked the line about akpo tripping over his ...... lol
  • Options
    Great vid again choice, about 7.16 you mentioned how well Charlton were playing and about 7.50 was asking if PP should be here til the end of the season.
    I reckon the booing was a reaction to millwall.
    We all felt the same way,gutted at going behind after playing well, just some took it further and booed.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]Great vid again choice, about 7.16 you mentioned how well Charlton were playing and about 7.50 was asking if PP should be here til the end of the season.
    I reckon the booing was a reaction to millwall.
    We all felt the same way,gutted at going behind after playing well, just some took it further and booed.

I left at 75mins for work on Saturday but I felt we played fairly well with little reward for our endevours particularly in the first half, obviously losing Deon was a huge blow. When the 2nd goal went in I deliberately made the point because I knew what the reaction was going to be at half time after pretty much dominating the first half, call it devils advocate if you like but it wasnt neccessarily a personal opinion. A lot of the booing came from the north upper and the audio picked that up clearly and the frustration is understandable however I also think it has to stop or we will derail totally and any confidence will drain completely. When I was editing the footage it also struck me that when the players walked off to the boo's after putting in a decent shift it must demoralise them to the point where they cant begin to get enthusiastic about coming out and playing in front of the same fans so credit to the team for pulling the goal back. Other than the 2nd goal we carved out some decent early chances with good link up play between Mooney and Sodje, on reflection Mooneys goal was pure class but its a shame he doesnt do it more often or convert more chances but then i guess he wouldnt be here in league 1. Personally i think Parky has to see the job out till the end of the season now and we need to get behind the team, our expectations are high but his comments regarding his resources are good points, I know a lot dont rate him as manager but he inherited a very difficult job.

I think importantly this video more than any other shows how quickly underlying frustration (or fickleness) can rise to the surface in football, if the second goal hadnt gone in Parky and the players would have been clapped off for their first half performance
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: choice[/cite]I think importantly this video more than any other shows how quickly underlying frustration (or fickleness) can rise to the surface in football, if the second goal hadnt gone in Parky and the players would have been clapped off for their first half performance
    The point I was trying to make
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: choice[/cite]I think importantly this video more than any other shows how quickly underlying frustration (or fickleness) can rise to the surface in football, if the second goal hadnt gone in Parky and the players would have been clapped off for their first half performance
    The point I was trying to make

you did. i was just disassociating myself from the booing ;-) although it was important to capture that. I just think Parky gives everyone the ammo by playing players out of position. With Elliot and Burton out for a while I would switch back to the 4-5-1 that worked better in terms of results until the end of the season starting on saturday

[align=center]
    Randolph
    Richardon Dailly Sodje Borrowdale
    Sam Bailey Racon/Semedo Reid
    Shelvey
    Mooney[/align]
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: choice[/cite]Randolph
    Wagstaff Bailey Semedo Reid
    Shelvey
    Mooney

My selection
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: choice[/cite]Randolph
    Wagstaff Bailey Semedo Reid
    Shelvey
    Mooney

My selection

very similar, thought Sam had quite a good game sat tho
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]good work again choice ...... i liked the line about akpo tripping over his ...... lol

' You can'y get a penalty by tripping over your penis, Sodje'

'Kin classic....LMFAO