Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Us or leeds

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
who"s gonna miss out on the play offs

Comments

• Options
    Good call - for a minute I thought you might be suggesting it was us or them for second spot!
  • Options
    the U's will miss out
  • Options
    think it will be us cafc
  • Options
    we will with our run in i can't see us getting more than 6 points if we are lucky
  • Options
    I can see us struggling to get draws. Parky is incapable of motivating this team, so us.
  • Options
    unless we buck our ideas up form says it's going to be us or maybe Colchester. Can see them beating Brentford tonight though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cardinal Sin[/cite]Good call - for a minute I thought you might be suggesting it was us or them for second spot!

that's what I thought, but why not we are 4 points from Leeds, 1 point from the spanners there are 27 points available to each of us and we still have to play Leeds, I'd like to think that Parky and the team are going to be looking at getting their acts together now and getting as many of those 27 points as they can and put us back into contention for auto spot. It's not like we only have 9 points available and are 4 behind, I think its doable...
  • Options
    Hav'nt seen my "beloved" Addicks in the flesh for so long, due to 1) poorish health, 2) indifference to football in general, probably over two years now. I rely on your good selves for a general overview of the situation as the papers will either have no or little coverage. Strikes me that seeing as we have maybe put in a maximum of half a dozen top performances this season and were, until last night, third in a very poor league we should make the play offs should'nt we ? Please tell me we can't screw this up ?
  • Options
    We won't screw this up!!!!
  • Options
    Colchester will miss out if any of the current top 6 do
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whilst i think they are the worst side in the top 7, Colchester's run in looks a lot easier than ours. We simply have to beat them at the Valley.

Brentford H
    Wycombe H
    Exeter A
    Millwall H
    Swindon H
    Charlton A
    Hartlepool A
    Tranmere H
    Huddersfield A
    Leyton Orient H
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Whilst i think they are the worst side in the top 7, Colchester's run in looks a lot easier than ours. We simply have to beat them at the Valley.

Brentford H
    Wycombe H
    Exeter A
    Millwall H
    Swindon H
    Charlton A
    Hartlepool A
    Tranmere H
    Huddersfield A
    Leyton Orient H

Well we thought we had an easier run in the past few months and look what we got out of that!

It looks easier but them teams are fighting to stay up so they won't be easy at all.
  • Options
    I don't buy any of the 'easier run in' stuff.

A lot of the bottom half are still looking to stay up and will be battling for their lives, then you get the few sides that have nothing to play for and can relax which can get you results. Most of the top 6 have to play eachother at some point, so many twist and turns to come & the only side i can see having a smooth run until the end is Norwich.
  • Options
    Rumours (and yes they're only rumours) on the Leeds site are that Beckford was dropped last night and stormed out of the ground after a row with Grayson. Clearly all is not well in the Leeds camp. Last night showed that without a goalscorer Leeds are just an average side. If only we had someone to get us 30 goals a season!
  • Options
    Really has gone wrong at Leeds hasn't it, Grayson was supposed to be one of the best managers in the League, if not the best, they were meant to have a great squad, a very good team, and some were saying they had won the title in January and would run away with the league. Can see Millwall carrying on their form and getting second, which if we stay in the play-offs is a good thing.
  • Options
    I don't know what you're on about.
    You seriously think we won't be in the playoffs?
    we will go up auto.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite] and some were saying they had won the title in January and would run away with the league.

Have to admit i was one of them, they seemed unstoppable a few months ago, i can't believe how bad they've become in the space of 2-3 months.
  • Options
    We've got some very big games which we must perform in if we are to stay in the play-offs. If we somehow perform in all of them we could get 2nd. Can't see it with this team though, especially with the injuries we have.
  • Options
    The next nine games will be fascinating it could go many ways. I played around with BCC predictor and its going to be tight.

Could have four teams in with a chance of second on the last day and with spanners playing swindon who knows!

Could a last minute equaliser by Neil Harris prove the goal that sends the addicks up....funnier things have happened.
  • Options
    Grayson hasn't suddenly become a bad manager but it is very hard to combat the fear of failure and weight of expectation that can impair a team's performance. Even Chelsea seem to be suffering with that now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]and some were saying they had won the title in January and would run away with the league.

Have to admit i was one of them, they seemed unstoppable a few months ago, i can't believe how bad they've become in the space of 2-3 months.

unreal i thought they'd pee it with only norwich as a potential challenger.... the pressure on grayson makes parky's tough job look like a walk in the park
  • Options
    On current form we both could lose out...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]On current form we both could lose out...
    Definitely a real possibility.