Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mooney v Gillingham

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2010
    Bailey has been very quiet lately but its hardly surprising when he's constantly played out of position. Look at the difference to Rooney since he was played as a striker and not out wide. Do the same with Shelvey and we might start getting somewhere. This playing players out of position is unfortunately a Pardew trait that Parkinson inherited. The idea behind it is that when we win he takes the plaudits as a genius but forgetting the 99% of matches where it doesnt, Millwall as a classic example..
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    To be fair to Parky, Bailey was out of position because Reid wasn't 100%. He has also scored a lot of his goals out on the left, and in central midfield he hasn't always performed either.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]To be fair to Parky, Bailey was been out of position because Reid wasn't 100%. He has also scored a lot of his goals out on the left, and in central midfield he hasn't always performed either.

Agreed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]To be fair to Parky, Bailey was out of position because Reid wasn't 100%. He has also scored a lot of his goals out on the left, and in central midfield he hasn't always performed either.

Bailey's passing has been beyond dire over the last 2 months at least.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Graham R.[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]To be fair to Parky, Bailey was out of position because Reid wasn't 100%. He has also scored a lot of his goals out on the left, and in central midfield he hasn't always performed either.

Bailey's passing has been beyond dire over the last 2 months at least.
    Yeah have mentioned his passing plenty of times myself on here, just seems to be trying too hard and going for the hardest passes instead of the simple ones.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Im inclined to agree.

As Parky said he is very inexperienced at league level and would not be too expensive. Seems to like it here and weighs in with the odd goal.

I still compare him to Andy Hunt in that he doesn't have much pace or strength but he is very intelligent as a footballer - probably borne out of playing to his strengths!

If he had an intelligent and mobile strike partner he would score more goals too I think - especially with someone like Shelvey behind them as he is able to pick out a pass.

Steve Morison and Charlie Austin had little or no league experience before this season but it doesn't seem to have done them any harm. But Dave has been unlucky with injuries and I reckon he'll turn out OK with us- here's hoping for a couple from him on Saturday.