Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The season starts now

We're only four points from an automatic promotion spot and just one point behind Millwall. Lets put recent poor performances behind us and treat every game now until the end of the season like a cup final. Leeds are getting nervous, Millwall have been on a great run but could falter. A late good run of form together with some good luck could be enough to see us home. Let's unite, try to be positive, and put any grievances with Parky to one side until the end of the season. The future of our club could be dependent on what happens in the coming weeks.

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]We're only four points from an automatic promotion spot and just one point behind Millwall.

That's not what many of our fans want to hear.
  • Options
    even I looked at the table this morning and a wave of optimism swept over me. Yes it can be done. Despite being pretty awful for the last few months we find ourselves just four points behind Leeds. During that time though everyone else has closed the gap. I then think about our recent performances and realise that it is more likely that we'll drop out of the play-off places all together. However, IF Parky can motivate the players and IF we can find just some sembelence of form then who knows. I will go to Huddersfield in a positive frame of mind and hope we put in a decent performance. If we do then that is all I ask, even if we end up losing. Another poor performance and I won't be at all happy.
  • Options
    I would not like it if it went to the last day of the season. If you would have given me playoffs at the start of the season i would have taken it but automatic is by no means impossible.
  • Options
    As said it's far from impossible. We need players to step up and start playing their best. The midfield in particular for me, if they perform the rest of the team will benefit. Still think Shelvey could have a big impact.
  • Options
    History shows that runs of form (with the exception of Norwich) average out at around 12 games with a dramatic fall off in form after that. So by this analergy it might just go tits up at the toolbox on Saturday as this is their 13th game since coming into form.

Hope this post doesnt come back to bite me on the bum!
  • Options
    christ almighty we have been saying the same thing for the last 3 years,history shows that our form over the last 10 games does not get any better.
  • Options
    I would love it if we beat them Saturday ( Keegan style). My first trip to Huddersfield and im reading up on were to go as we speak. Also my first trip uyp north this seasons and its march not good enough really. The ground looks nice i diddnt realise it was over 10 years old though.
  • Options
    not the most friendliest of fans though.
  • Options
    Hope JJ gets a start saturday as I said before I really believe we can go up automatically.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]christ almighty we have been saying the same thing for the last 3 years,history shows that our form over the last 10 games does not get any better.

Time for change then!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Come on you Addicks!
  • Options
    It wasn't that long ago everyone was asking who was going up with leeds....Oh how things change, from nailed on champions to strugglers. There is no reson if we end the season the same as we started it that we couldn't go up as champions, there is a lot of football left in this season, we just need everyone to step up to the plate and start playing it.
  • Options
    COMMMEEE ONNNNN!
  • Options
    RU1986...I lived in Huddersfield for a time and the only place to go is the railway station to get a train back home!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Oh yeah and parky if your reading this, please play Jonjo Saturday i'm sure he will smash in a hattrick and kick start us winning the league. ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Oh yeah and parky if your reading this, please play Jonjo Saturday i'm sure he will smash in a hattrick and get start us winning the league. ;-)

He hasn't set foot on the field yet since turning 18 has he? ;-O I hope your family has not been allowing him to test out the local brews. ;-) Thats our job for when we have to watch Charlton!! :)

p.s. I do totally agree and feel we have an extra (? lol) creative edge about us, even when Jonjo's not on the top of his games. Other teams won't know how to handle him if they haven't seen him play recently.
  • Options
    Unlike he's uncle he doesn't drink. Others cant know how he plays even i've forgotten its been so long ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mister Windscreen[/cite]........it might just go tits up at the toolbox on Saturday.....

It certainly went tits up there for us, 10 days ago .....
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Oh yeah and parky if your reading this, please play Jonjo Saturday i'm sure he will smash in a hattrick and kick start us winning the league. ;-)[/quote]

Yeah, Parky - play him or else I'll send the boys round with baseball bats!