Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton to sign Jungle Book star?? Updated - Bougy Woogy speaks out

Comments

• Options
    Would b great signing, been c wednesday few times this season and pretty much this guy alone has transformed them from a relegation bound team to one challenging the play offs in the championship, great leader, powerfull tackler and can pass aswell

althou think wednesday will try hold out for more than 1.3 mill,

also their striker mclean or brunt (their winger) would also b a good purchase, can't c them sellin them mind
  • Options
    I bought him on footie manager, he's quality. Wednesday mate says he's a class act too. Although he claims Brunt is the best player outside the Prem so its hard to take him seriously.
  • Options
    hahaha well brunt looked really good gainst city at wknd, but i remember how bad he used to b in league 2, jesus H christ he was bad, still he had alot of heart and commitment!!!!

however he does seem to have developed in2 a real class act down th flanks, has great final ball and doesn't seem to shoot from rediculous distances anymore!!!
  • Options
    Highly-rated Wednesday defender Madjid Bougherra has revealed he is unsure of what his future holds after the Owls turned down an approach for his services from Charlton Athletic.

The Addicks made a £1.3m approach for the Algerian international earlier this week which was turned down by Wednesday - but Bougherra has revealed his ambition is to play in the Premiership 'as quickly as possible.

'All players want to play in the Premiership - it's [every] player's dream. I want to play [there] as quickly as possible - whether it's with Sheffield Wednesday or another club I don't know.' he told the official owls site.

He continued: 'I know Charlton have made an offer. Maybe I'll stay, maybe I'll go, maybe there will be more offers. It's life, any club can ask you at any moment, it can change the next day. If [everyone] is happy, maybe I'll go to Charlton or another club - I don't know. I would be happy if I stay at Sheffield Wednesday but you don't know the future.'

Bougherra has been a big hit with the Hillsborough faithful after making the move to S6 from French club FC Gueugnon in the summer, and has been a vital cog in the Owls team that sits just three points from the Championship play-offs.

And he insisted he has respect for the club and the Owls fans - but could this be a parting goodbye before making a move to the promised land? Only time will tell.

He added: 'I am professional and I am [at] Sheffield Wednesday. I am concentrating on my football and I want to play on Saturday to win for the fans. I respect the fans and the club. They took me from Gueugnon when I [wasn't playing]. The fans are very beautiful and I am concentrating on my football.
  • Options
    If he thanks fans are very beautiful, let's snap him up!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]If he thanks fans are very beautiful, let's snap him up![/quote]

He ain't been to New Cross
  • Options
    No-one's talking about him going to Millwall...yet.