Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premiership Referees

It has occured to me whilst watching the Spurs game tonight, that we appear to have got rid of the worst of the prima dona refs, that used to ruin games week in week out by wanting to be the centre of attention and flash around their cards especially red ones.

I give you in particular Rob Styles, Graham Poll and Mike Reilly.

Does anyone agree that on reflection the emergence of the likes of Martin Atkinson & Howard Webb has improved matters somewhat ?

Comments

• Options
    It is not until you've spent a few years back outside the Premiership that you realise just how good most of our top Referees are. I would still say the Spanish have a slight edge on us at the moment though.
  • Options
    Completely agree with you Covered. Not entirely sure that the likes of Shatwell and Clattenberg have done anything but re-inforced the situation, but by and large I think the refs we see at our lowly level are better than the Styles, Polls, Rennies and Ellerys almost every time.
  • Options
    Bring back Roger Millford, my favourite ever ref
  • Options
    Paul Durkin was excellent. He went very quietly, no Autobiography (Yawn) no Soccer AM slot, Radio 5 etc etc.
    Howard Webb's a big fella isn't he? I didn't notice until Sunday.