Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

More Snow?

by all accounts we will have snow again next week, do you think we will? Talks of a white Easter when tomorrow is supposedly the start of British Summertime... I know we have had some freak weather but this sounds insane!

Comments

• Just had a very intense Hailstorm here in Sittingbourne Kent a while ago.
  • It snowed on the day I was born - 29 May !!
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]It snowed on the day I was born - 29 May !!

you share your birthday with my son :)

but snow in May that is bizzare, were you born in Canada? lol
  • Cue the usual old tosh about snow in late March 'proving' that Global Warming is just a left-wing conspiracy... :o)
  • [cite]Posted By: sadiejane1981[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]It snowed on the day I was born - 29 May !!

you share your birthday with my son :)

And J F Kennedy. Bob Hope, La Toya Jackson, Noel Gallagher and ....... AFKA !

[cite]Posted By: sadiejane1981[/cite]but snow in May that is bizzare, were you born in Canada? lol

Born in Canada?
    Nope, St Nicks, Plumstead, London SE18
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Cue the usual old tosh about snow in late March 'proving' that Global Warming is just a left-wing conspiracy... :o)

conversley most of Canada has had the warmest winter on record, i can barely remember the last time it really snowed here!
  • so oggy will be celebrating his birthday this year at wembley for the play off final!
  • Really doubt I will where I am, coast of East Sussex. We did have snow in April last year (if not the year before) so it's not impossible.
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]so oggy will be celebrating his birthday this year at wembley for the play off final!

Well, that's Plan B, Mr OohAah.

Of course, our famous last minute victory at Oldham sees us into 2nd - and edges poor unlucky Millwall into 3rd.

;o)
  • It's snowed in May a few times, according to my mum. She says she can remember when she was really young (early fifites) it snowed for hours in the middle of May once, and left about four inches on the ground. I think I vaguely remember it snowing in May once when I was a kid (seventies) but it might have been late April
  • Sponsored links:

• In June 1975 Derbyshire were playing a County Championship match at Buxton and had to come off because of snow!
  • I remember once when I was a kid on holiday near Inverness - it was the middle of July, and it snowed overnight!
  • Defo snowed 2 yrs ago on april 6th as that's a mates bday and she was flying to france to go skiing but there was no need!
  • "Global Colding" ?
    ;-)
  • This picture was taken at Easter 2 years ago
  • ehydyq.jpg

My car on our driveway, May 17th 2007 - the day before it was sunny & 20+ & no snow on the ground to be seen for miles.
  • Down in the south of the UK, away from high moors and mountains, any snow from March onwards tends to be overnight snow that melts relatively quickly as the daytime temperatures rise.

Any snow falling during the day is usually pretty wet and doesn't settle for long, if at all.