Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stinking Foul Disgraceful Dump!

edited March 2010 in Not Sports Related
im getting sick and tired or my local dump not allowing me to drive my van in to dump childrens toys/garden waste, old seatees etc etc the usual rubbish we all get rid of. just because i own a van and not a car they automatically assume you are trying to fly tip a load of commercial waste upon them, its blatent descrimination towards van owners. at the end of the day i pay c/tax and should be entitled to use it like anyone else, just because i have a van it doesnt automatically mean im a builder plus they wont even allow you to walk it in either, its becoming a bloody joke!! there must be grounds for refusing to pay a certain percentage of this rip off tax. i understand that dumps are hot on commercial waste and the one at northfleet allows vans in on weds and saturdays but this is not local and why should i have to leave the area i live in and waste more time and fuel expense doing a 20 mile round trip just because the jobsworth twats havnt got the intelligence to introduce a system where they check the contents of the vehicle.

i also find the staff at these places brain dead patronising beaker muppets with no idea how to talk to people and one day i hope someone gives them a bloody slap

Comments

• Options
    Have you tried taking in a copy of your council tax, other ID or a utility bill? Sometimes that helps. That's what my old tip used to do in Merton. The one I go to in Herne Bay seem more relaxed and will let vans in.
  • Options
    thought this was gonna be about the city of hull
  • Options
    Run 'em over with your van then dump your stuff over their dead bodies.

Hope this helps

Have a nice day!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    i live about 3 mins drive away and have tried all that but they dont give a fly tipping f***, the rule is "no vans" and thats it. and they wonder why tvs and mattresses end up in country lanes. what can you do. DISGRACE!! If i could have one wish that didnt relate to money or charlton winning a trophy then i think it would be for someone to wipe that smug look off their faces when they turn you away and yes running over them would be very satisfying!
  • Options
    some councils allow you to ring and have veolia or whoever it is who does it come round and collect bulky items at a certain time
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ads[/cite]some councils allow you to ring and have veolia or whoever it is who does it come round and collect bulky items at a certain time

i'll have to look into that but thats even more of a disgrace, that means that everyone has to pay more rip off tax to pay for that service just because they cant introduce a simple system like use their eyes and check what your taking in the place. bloody idiots
  • Options
    Thought this was a thread about Selhurst! ;o)
  • Options
    Choice - write to one of your local Councillors and complain that they don't have a proper system for this.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ads[/cite]thought this was gonna be about the city of hull

PMSL.

Hull, biggest dump in the UK.
  • Options
    Stick a caravan in your front garden, buy a pitbull, half a dozen gold sovereigns on each hand, earring in the left lug hole and set fire to your junk in the back garden, trust me, the council won't say a word...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]Stick a caravan in your front garden, buy a pitbull, half a dozen gold sovereigns on each hand, earring in the left lug hole and set fire to your junk in the back garden, trust me, the council won't say a word...
  • Options
    Its another way the Council can make money from you. They will come and collect but at a fee of course.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Jayajosh[/cite]Its another way the Council can make money from you. They will come and collect but at a fee of course.

Not neccessarily. I know that my parents in Newham get a bulky colection for free if they have something needs shifting. Most places have some sort of provision to take account of van owners witha permit or whatever and many these days have ANPR systems in them too to flag up anyone using the site a bit too often for personal use.
  • Options
    My Council used to charge £12 for a collection (2004). Not sure what that fee is now or how many items they are willing to collect to be honest.
  • Options
    Greenwich council 12 quid to collect up to 3 large items for that price.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]Stick a caravan in your front garden, buy a pitbull, half a dozen gold sovereigns on each hand, earring in the left lug hole and set fire to your junk in the back garden, trust me, the council won't say a word...[/quote][div id=Attachments_666984 class=Attachments][ul][div]dump.jpg[/div][/ul][/div][/quote]

where did you get that picture of my parents house?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Jayajosh[/cite]Its another way the Council can make money from you. They will come and collect but at a fee of course.

As if the legalised robbery that is the Council Tax is not enough!
  • Options
    Our "travelling friends" visit twice a week and take away anything left at the the front of the house, twice as efficient as the council and free!
    One of my neighbours told them to go to the back of the house via the access road where they would find a metal garage door, a washing machine and some bits and pieces.
    They also took away his neighbours son's scooter thing, which he had stripped down and left bits against the wall, it was his pride and joy : )