Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Former Charlton Players in 2010 South Africa WC

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
I wanted to list some former CAFC players that will be featuring for their teams in this summers WORLD CUP in South Africa. If i left anybody out, please add to the list.

Dennis Rommedahl - Denmark - On the plane
Stephan Andersen - Denmark - On the plane
Madjid Bougherra - Algeria - On the plane
Alex Song - Cameroon - On the plane
Johnathon Spector - USA - On the plane
Jermain Defoe - England - On the plane
Darren Bent - England - Maybe 50/50 ???

Comments

• Bouazza - Algeria 50/50
  • Cory Gibbs?...
  • Did Bulgaria make it?

If so Kish could be there.
  • Bouazza is 50/50, Cory Gibbs is a real long shot, and Bulgaria is out of WC and Kish hasnt played for Bulgaria for a year or two now...
  • I'd have thought Bouazza would be a shoe-in, though I can't claim to be that knowledgeable about Algerian football. Does Spector really get in the USA squad?! He must've improved quite a lot since playing for us.
  • danny shittu
  • edited March 2010
  • Spector is definitely in due to the lack of good American CB's. Our best CB Onyewu is injured, and the next best is C. Bocanegra.

USA's Best CB's : 1. Onyewu (AC Milan) 2. Bocanegra (Stade Rennes) 3. Spector (West Ham) 4. Demerit (Watford) - These 4 are definitely going to South Africa
  • paulbaconsarnie - Shittu is a great find! - He should be on the plane to South Africa
  • DeMerit is a brilliant defender, I'd personally rate him as the USA's best don't know why he is still at Watford and not in the Premiership. I've got a soft spot for the whole USA team really after the Confederations Cup and if Italy or England don't win the World Cup then I want the US to.
  • Sponsored links:

• Agreed Demerit is excellent. He tackles hard, is good in the air, and works hard off the ball. He played his college footie at University of Illinois in Chicago... only a couple miles from my home today. His story is great too. He was playing non-league football before Watford picked him up playing against DeMerit in a preseason match a couple years ago.
  • SSodje and Dickson. Maybe.
    Parker a long longshot
  • Chris Dickson playing in a world cup!
  • [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]Chris Dickson playing in a world cup!
    He apparently said he'd be top scorer as well...
  • Shaun Bartlett summarising for SA sports channel Supersport.

Garth Crooks and Mark Bright working for the BBC

Scott Minto working for Singapore TV

Possibly Paul Walsh, John Barnes, Alan Curbishley as experts as well.

Not quite playing for their teams unless you count the TV and radio companies as teams, which I suppose they are.
  • [cite]Posted By: Bangkokaddick[/cite]Shaun Bartlett summarising for SA sports channel Supersport.
    Was briefly on BBC1 this morning on the news talking about South Africa and the World Cup.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: addick16[/cite]Bouazza is 50/50, Cory Gibbs is a real long shot, and Bulgaria is out of WC and Kish hasnt played for Bulgaria for a year or two now...[/quote]

Kish played home and away against Ireland in the qualifiers. Think he was one of their bench players all through.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: iainment[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: addick16[/cite]Bouazza is 50/50, Cory Gibbs is a real long shot, and Bulgaria is out of WC and Kish hasnt played for Bulgaria for a year or two now...[/quote]

Kish played home and away against Ireland in the qualifiers. Think he was one of their bench players all through.[/quote]

He scored against Montenegro in Septembers WC qualifier
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: JohnnyJoeyDeeDee[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: iainment[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: addick16[/cite]Bouazza is 50/50, Cory Gibbs is a real long shot, and Bulgaria is out of WC and Kish hasnt played for Bulgaria for a year or two now...[/quote]

Kish played home and away against Ireland in the qualifiers. Think he was one of their bench players all through.[/quote]

He scored against Montenegro in September's WC qualifier[/quote]

2.50 into this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU3XSmaGGaU

Ra Ra Radostin Bulgaria's greatest goal machine
  • with defoe having recent injury problems and not knowing how serious rooney's injury is, carlton cole has an outside chance.
  • Sponsored links:

• with Ashley Cole out and with no real decent left back options surely Konch has as much a chance as Baines.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]with Ashley Cole out and with no real decent left back options surely Konch has as much a chance as Baines.
    Warnock's another that's probably ahead of him. I wonder if they'd move Lescott over to there before call up Konchesky?