Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Question for the Great Resource that is Charltonlife..

edited March 2010 in Not Sports Related
Hi All,

Does anyone know of a College or University that Teaches Sound Engineering? The reason i ask is that I need some Mix Demo CD's Mastered, but when you go to a Professional company they charge best part of £300 per CD which is a bit pricey. Was hoping to get these done by someone training in this field & doing this as part of their coursework will of course pay them for it but not the obscene amount some of these Music Engineering company's charge.

Cheers

Ketman

Comments

• Options
    Brighton does. That's the Brighton Institute of Modern Music (bimm.co.uk).
  • Options
    Lewisham college does an excelent range of courses on all that. They have some wicked studios and stuff. Nearly did a sound course there as was looking to become a soundman for tv. They will deffo have a course for you. Google them for a prospectus.
  • Options
    London School of Music but they might be a bit upmarket for your stuff ; - )

There was a company called Point Black based in Kings Cross who had a link with Canterbury College but not sure is they are still around. They did have a good reputation as there were lots of dodgy companies offering DJ and sound engineering training.

College of performing arts or even some secondary schools might be worth a try as they have studios etc
  • Options
    Ravensbourne is good.
  • Options
    Ravensbourne may be possible ... seem to recall they had the type of tech you are looking for when my son was studying there.
  • Options
    My mate did the course at London Met. He really enjoyed it.

He's a trance DJ but got to learn all aspects...he is something else on Ableton Live.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]My mate did the course at London Met. He really enjoyed it.

He's a trance DJ but got to learn all aspects...he is something else on Ableton Live.

London Met also a good choice, they have a lot of students there.
  • Options
    Hi Ketman...we do a pretty good master here at Angelwings Studios. We'll do 1 freeby track for you if you like...always up for a sound challenge.
  • Options
    theres a music college in Greenwich. They use the building oppo maritime museum I think
  • Options
    Bournemouth Uni does a lot of that sort ot thing I think. Mates lad is studying sound engineering there and every other layabout student coming out of there has a degree in meeja studies.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheers for the Feeback as ever guys !
  • Options
    adsads
    edited April 2010
    Goldsmiths in new cross might do something along those lines, you could some stoodent there to do it as part of coursework/project