Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fabregas out for season( old thread)

He cracked his fibula when fouled by Puyol for the penalty. Brave lad playing on after.

Comments

• Options
    and taking the pen?
  • Options
    Puts a doubt upon whether he will go the World Cup. I know Spain has some very talented midfielders but Iniesta has been out for a few weeks aswell.

Having seen the Spanish centre half pairing last night, I think this could be their weak link, Puyol would struggle against the likes of Crouch/Heskey whilst Pique does not look the most mobile. With this in mind and the fact in midfield they may be missing a couple, maybe they will not be so strong.

On the domestic front, Chelsea have had a fine week and must be favourites for the title now with both Arsenal and United losing key players!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Puts a doubt upon whether he will go the World Cup. I know Spain has some very talented midfielders but Iniesta has been out for a few weeks aswell.

Having seen the Spanish centre half pairing last night, I think this could be their weak link, Puyol would struggle against the likes of Crouch/Heskey whilst Pique does not look the most mobile. With this in mind and the fact in midfield they may be missing a couple, maybe they will not be so strong.

On the domestic front, Chelsea have had a fine week and must be favourites for the title now with both Arsenal and United losing key players!

Have to disagree with you about Puyol, he may be relatively short, but he is a very very clever player. A bit like Chris Perry (at his best) but very cunning and built like a brick outhouse. I would not be suprised to see him out jump Crouch and out muscle Heskey. Having said that Crouch never appears to jump anyway.
  • Options
    I don't doubt Puyol is a class defender, similar to Cannavaro who is also relatively short for a CB.

However I think if England could utilise the taller strikers then they should have the beating of Puyol in the air and this could potentially be an area to exploit. Not saying it is a huge weakness, just when playing against the likes of Spain England need to make the most of any areas that perhaps are not as strong.
  • Options
    glad he is out little leg breaking twat cant stand the piece of gooner shite
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]I don't doubt Puyol is a class defender, similar to Cannavaro who is also relatively short for a CB.

However I think if England could utilise the taller strikers then they should have the beating of Puyol in the air and this could potentially be an area to exploit. Not saying it is a huge weakness, just when playing against the likes of Spain England need to make the most of any areas that perhaps are not as strong.

True enough, their midfield is excellent so we will have to look to upset their defence, which is merely good. I think there might be space behind Serge Ramos as he plays like a winger at times. A couple of years ago I thought Ramos was there weak link and only in the squad to appease Madristas. I think that in the last two years (he was very young after all) he has improved immeasurably. Just wish he would sort out the dodgy haircut.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]glad he is out little leg breaking twat cant stand the piece of gooner shite[/quote]

Ah ermmmm........... right oh then...nice one nla!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Puts a doubt upon whether he will go the World Cup. I know Spain has some very talented midfielders but Iniesta has been out for a few weeks aswell.

Pique won't play at the World Cup unless Marchena is injured. He's a much better bet than Pique (faster, better in the air), and is automatic first choice at centre half next to Puyol.
  • Options
    as if the Gooners in my office weren't suicidal enough yesterday after the weekend, they now read this morning that Chelski want Fabregas, probably a load of cr*p but it'll almost send some of them over the edge and will be entertaining to watch and wind them up on an otherwise dull day.
  • Options
    The only place he will be going to is Barcelona. Arsenal wouldn't sell to Chelsea for £100 million let alone 50.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    never say never mate....who'd have thought Torres would've gone there a year ago, or Tevez to City when he was at Man U.

stranger things have happened and the gooners are biting already...........reel them in...;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]aving seen the Spanish centre half pairing last night, I think this could be their weak link, Puyol would struggle against the likes of Crouch/Heskey whilst Pique does not look the most mobile
    Sorry to dredge up shitty old porrige, but I've just seen this bit of hilarity. You have to love English delusion in the run up to a World Cup. I can just imagine Puyol sitting there in Barcelona wracking his brains - ooh, what will I ever be able to do about Crouch and 'Eskey.
  • Options
    I still think Barcelona aren't that bothered about him yet... which is why he isn't kicking the ball around the Joan Gamper training ground as we speak.

It's just been a wind-up to get Arsenal going for the moment - he wouldn't get in their first team for another couple of years.
  • Options
    Oh talk about disappointing.
    Was opening this up half-hoping he'd been crocked for THIS season too.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]aving seen the Spanish centre half pairing last night, I think this could be their weak link, Puyol would struggle against the likes of Crouch/Heskey whilst Pique does not look the most mobile
    Sorry to dredge up shitty old porrige, but I've just seen this bit of hilarity. You have to love English delusion in the run up to a World Cup. I can just imagine Puyol sitting there in Barcelona wracking his brains - ooh, what will I ever be able to do about Crouch and 'Eskey.

Lol that does now seem like a ridiculous comment.