Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

£50 fine for parking 2 1/2 hous at a Motorway Service Station!

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]

I tried this with a speeding fine and before you know it £280, not £60 so just pay up mate otherwise it would end up costing you more

Once got out of a parking ticket as the sign was half hidden, so i left it then got my stepdad who is a solicitor to write them a letter and i did not hear a word!

best of luck, but the fact that you noticed it and then went over? hmmm i dont fancy your chances. although you have done the sensible thing which most wouldn't but they will just twist your story or say lack of evidence backing up that you needed to rest and a sore back[/quote]

Johnny....there is a big difference between civil proceedings i.e. a private parking company and a speeding ticket issued by a legal/governmental authority. One you can ignore/fight...the other you can't.[/quote]

I know soundas, as you can see i was encouraging him to just pay up. was just mentioning my only case of getting out of a charge in general and it wasn't a private company was the government as parked in permit holders in between certain hours but luckily got away with it ;-)

sorry i screwed up the quoting just wanted to get rid of one of the 2 you quoted lol
  • Options
    Have a look at
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/private-parking-tickets
    Fairly comprehensive coverage of most eventualities there.
  • Options
    A very interesting thread...thanks to everyones contributions.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: iainment[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]I got a £50 one from playing the last Charlton Life match. Its now £150 they might as well put it up to £5000 they still aint getting it. I pay road tax and that allows me to be on the road, parking tickets are a rip off

Sorry to rain on your parade but there is no such thing as road tax. You are taxed on vehicle emissions, not for using the road.

lol owned!

Still aint paying so wont ever be owned ;-)