Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

THATCHER!

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
According to BBC Sport ticker we've agreed a fee with City! WTF?!

Comments

• Options
    a MASSIVE 100 GRAND!!

OMG we really are upto our necks in it.
  • Options
    Traore out for 1m and Thatcher in for 100k seems good business to me. Don't like him, he's a thug, but at least he's committed and will fight, literally probably, for the cause.
  • Options
    Where you find out the fee etc?
  • Options
    Thatcher and Young are good buddies. They are brother in laws. He's wanted to move back down south for a while.
  • Options
    He ain't a bad player, hot head, but he'll inject some fight and passion into the side.
  • Options
    He wanted to move to Fulham last year. His wages were huge for a player of his standard.

In the overall dreadful scheme of things he is the ideal player for the s*** we are in.

Can we re-sign Paul Miller???

(the fee is on BBC & Talkshyte)
  • Options
    BTW HE HASNT SIGNED YET SO WILL PROBABLY GO TO SUNDERLAND
  • Options
    He'll do.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]BTW HE HASNT SIGNED YET SO WILL PROBABLY GO TO SUNDERLAND

lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]He wanted to move to Fulham last year. His wages were huge for a player of his standard.

In the overall dreadful scheme of things he is the ideal player for the s*** we are in.

Can we re-sign Paul Miller???

(the fee is on BBC & Talkshyte)

We need to be realistic here. Traore is crap, Thatcher is better. So that's a forward step. Dowie peed nearly 12m up the wall so Pards hands are really tied this window. These are the sort of deals we are gonna see. Whether it'll be enough we'll see but as long as he brings in players who want to play for the shirt and will bust a gut doing so then that is fine by me. (Rather he didn't sign ex-Wall or Palace though !!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We are in for Alex Rae apparently!!!

lol
  • Options
    And how about Pat Van Den Hauwe...
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    New Charlton: ????

Kasey Keller

Mark Dennis
    Keith Stevens
    Pat Van Den Hawe
    Ben Thatcher

Dennis Wise
    Alex Rae
    Terry Hurlock
    Jodie Morris

Stan Collymore
    David Speedie
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    on the OS now

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=30243
  • Options
    we have no one better than thatcher
  • Options
    My initial reaction was no thanks- but we need battlers who will fight for the cause, and if we can offload and recoup a bit of the Dowie "spending spree" then he's a cautious ok for me.
  • Options
    He is going to take some serious dogs abuse down at Portsmouth next week so hopefully we will take a few down there to help him?! is mendes playing at the moment.
  • Options
    Stanmore I think we all felt the same.

Bottom line is that, although he isn't the quality of footballer we want, if you're a player on his team you are confident he will put his foot through the ball and show a bit of @rshole, which is what we need.

The team at the moment has so many holes in it at the moment, so 100K on Thatcher is at least one plugged.
  • Options
    If he wants to come back to London, he's mates with Young and he can battle then it'll do for me.
  • Options
    good signing for us in our current predicament i think.

if it was done at the start of the season though i'd be fuming!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pearce has said he can use the funds from selling Thatcher ...

... which suggests it will be more than £100K??
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    and he is 32-32? Couldnt we get Powell back instead? Or Konch...?
  • Options
    Powell's under contract at Watford and if my memory serves me correctly, the were approached to release he re a coaching place at the club and Watford denied him permission to talk to us.
  • Options
    aye before the transfer window though? anyhow..
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]Pearce has said he can use the funds from selling Thatcher ...

... which suggests it will be more than £100K??[/quote]

Yeah, he's buying Faye for £25.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]Pearce has said he can use the funds from selling Thatcher ...

... which suggests it will be more than £100K??

Maybe he means he can secure someone on a free or a loan signing with the wages he'll save from getting rid of Thatcher. I'd imagine Thatcher is on about 20-25k a week
  • Options
    Didnt see this one coming.

I suppose short term and to get Traore off the books its a good deal but the bloke is a total total ****.
  • Options
    After he clattered Mendes, Stuart Pearce said he's the nicest bloke you could wish to meet off the pitch. Course he is Stuart!
  • Options
    Not sure about him, id rather go back and get Konchesky (being linked with a move to Blackburn).
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    We had a "discussion" with him Andy Roberts, Keith Stevens,Mark Kennedy and Kenny Cunningham in a chinese restaurant and then outside the chinese restaurant in Chislehurst a few years ago.

Thatcher and Roberts were not the nicest blokes I've ever met. Pearce needs to get out more.