Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harewood

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
If he's coming Little Bent must be staying.. is he much better than Big Bent?

Comments

• Options
    i would say i pairing of Harewood and Benty would be a handful.

He's a pain in the arris Harewood, very strong, and would free up a bit of space for Benty.
  • Options
    But he's also way out of form and have we got 4m* to spend on him?

*price quoted in todays Sun
  • Options
    Surely Curbs will be willig to spend £2.5M on big Bent again .... he does trust his judgement doesn't he?
  • Options
    Here is his record...

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/fo/profiles/6072.html

Averages a goal every three games, but just one so far this season from 21 games.
  • Options
    He is reasonably quick likes to rough up defenders and seems to get into good positions, whether he takes the chances or not is another matter but I for one think he is an improvement on Marcus and fat Jimmy
  • Options
    If we can get shot (or even just shoot) M Bent for a Mil, then get Harewood for £2Mil that'd be OK.

Harewoods finishing can be a bit Leaburn though.
  • Options
    Personally i think we should keep Marcus and just try to get rid of JFH off the wage bill.
  • Options
    marlene would be ok for us, a good pairing of him and little bent, would frighten defences for sure!

Not sure if he is just a fat marcus bent tho!
  • Options
    er, he aint worth 4m let alone 4.5m, Id rather have Earnshaw
  • Options
    Rather have Harewood/Bent combo than Barnshaw/Bent. Plus Harewood has done it in the Prem.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    you dont think he just had a lucky first season? Isn't that why there are struggling now? What about Mido? Earnshaw would be great backup for Bent.
  • Options
    Mido would be a great signing but doubt he'd come to us. Agree about Earnshaw, he would be a great signing in the summer if we can get him for say 4m and offload Bent for 12m
  • Options
    think i read they have problems over there with Mido not turning up for training and that he has a real bad attitude problem so thats why they want rid... not really the kind we would want in the trenches right now.
  • Options
    Surely Harewood sees himself as a Premiership player. Wouldnt he just jump ship straight away in May if we go down??

I would rather spend that sort of money on an up and coming Championship player who wouldnt mind going down and would be up for the fight next year.

Go get the gypsy before Fulham or Pompey get him.
  • Options
    With regards to Mido i was talking more in terms of his ability. However he's only about 23 and has already played for Marseille, Ajax (i think), Roma, Spurs plus his original Egyptian club so if he can't nuckle down at those clubs what chance would we have. He'd hardly give his all for us would he?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Surely Harewood sees himself as a Premiership player. Wouldnt he just jump ship straight away in May if we go down??

I would rather spend that sort of money on an up and coming Championship player who wouldnt mind going down and would be up for the fight next year.

Go get the gypsy before Fulham or Pompey get him.

A good shout. 4m on Harewood or 4m on Eastwood. I know who i'd rather have. Surprised we're not in for Ellington who'd cost less than 3m.