Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Norwich fan in peace...My view on todays game

edited April 2010 in General Charlton
Hey, Norwich fan in peace.

Of course, all of you know what happened last season, but that is all forgotten. Both teams are now battling for promotion out of this crappy league, and today is a vital game.

A couple of weeks ago all was well for us, however with our main talisman Hoolahan gaining a 'mystery' injury we quite obviously lacked a lot of creativity. We got beaten by Tranmere, but we can quite safely blame the ref for that one. We scraped past rock bottom Stockport, got a late equalizer against MK Dons, however we were totally kicked off the park. MK Dons, bunch of scum, ey? Then on Tuesday night we were totally outwitted and outplayed by lowly Leyton Orient. Despite quite clearly being in poll position still, our fans were gradually getting jittery, saying too themselves "Could we really mess this up?" Many fans had this game written off as a loss plain and simple, especially without suspended, top scorer Holt.

Last night was fantastic for both of us, leaving us just a win away from promotion and you having it in your own hands too push Leeds & Millwall all the way for 2nd place.

You started the season magnificently but then went off the boil a bit, however you are now seemingly finding the form at just the right time. Our seasons have had the complete opposite fortunes, but we now both find ourselves nicely placed.

I, and many Canaries feel that the outcome of this game could be completely dictated by the inclusion or not of Hoolahan. We have looked very much below par without him, and if we carry on in the same vain of form you should beat us today.

My predictions for the game, without Hoolahan (most likely) :

Charlton 2-1 Norwich

My prediction for the game, with Hoolahan (unlikely) :

Charlton 0-2 Norwich

Good luck, and may the best team win! Its a shame I'm not there but it seems I was unlucky in the ballot!

Comments

• Options
    I tawt I saw a pussy cat a climin up a tree!!
  • Options
    Few friends who support norwich are refusing to go today after and I quote 'the shower of shite we've been for weeks' - it seems even the team at the top has alot of these doom mongerers (they all claim theyre realists but we know better) like the rest of us!!

Iv got a sneaky suspision we'll do you today, but does depend which charlton turn up
  • Options
    Only one team in it today .
    It wasn't Norwich.

Their keeper was man of the match IMO.
    Well done to Norwich on their promotion but they mugged us today
  • Options
    Good luck to you. I bet Delia gets pissed tonight (if she isn't already).
  • Options
    your colours are gay..... and no amount of promotions will change that.......
  • Options
    STAT ATTACK
    9 Shots On Target 2
    7 Shots Off Target 1
    11 Fouls (Conceded) 14
    9 Corners 1
    0 Yellow Cards 4
    0 Red Cards 0

0 GOALS 1 (the important bit)
  • Options
    I was just looking at the Sky Sports stats and they have us as having 2 shots on target and 2 off target. 4 efforts on goal all day. Do they actually send anyone to the game? Where have they got that from!?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]your colours are gay..... and no amount of promotions will change that.......
    Would you say Brazil are gay? :0)
    They did a job on us today... Once they scored, they were prepared to shut up shop and did so successfully.
    Lots of effort from us, but I never felt we would score.
    Still, It's all to play for.
  • Options
    No brazil and a bit more gold and and dark blue shorts.......

Yellow and green...... massively gay... fact...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]No brazil and a bit more gold and and dark blue shorts.......

Yellow and green...... massively gay... fact...

Thta's OK then. Now I'm sure we're only upseting one of the African nation teams... Not sure which one ? :0)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Firstly congrats to Norwich. Over the season you finish where you pretty much deserve to. But, Bailey excepted, if just one of our players had put their foot through the ball and shot as if they meant it today it could've been a completly different result. Don't know if was nerves, bad luck, good goalkeeping or what but I can't remember the last time I saw such a collection of limp wristed finishing. Shame really 'cos you can't fault their effort today, just wasn't to be...
  • Options
    Massy, I have a number of gay friends, and I would say without exception they are all far to tasteful/fashioable to mix green and yellow. Unless of course they are being hugely ironic.

Cheers for the Bet365 link as well, lost a tenner but hey ho.
  • Options
    Canary fan, well you're rubbish at predictions !

Enjoy your day. Got a lot of time for norwich, nice town, nice club with great support.

Like us you've been through the mix last few years, so enjoy the good days.

Ours will come as well one day
  • Options
    The league table doesn't lie over the season as a whole. Well done Norwich on a deserved promotion.

Your 'keeper saved you today though...
  • Options
    Well done Norwich, shame your team didn't turn up today with the exception of a great goalkeeper. If we continue to put in that much effort until the end of the paly offs we will be fine.
  • Options
    Well done Norwich for a deserved promotion.

Thought it was daylight robbery today, but heyho.
    Your goalie was immense and I also thought Doherty was excellent.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ollywozere[/cite]I was just looking at the Sky Sports stats and they have us as having 2 shots on target and 2 off target. 4 efforts on goal all day. Do they actually send anyone to the game? Where have they got that from!?

Totally agree what a load of wank. Then again despite being in the mix all season their "experts" only ever mention Millwall, Swindon, and Leeds for automatic. Toilet duck em. As Rodney Dangerfield (RIP) would have said "No respect, No respect at all".
  • Options
    All I can say is well done to Norwich they've been a good side over the whole season and I don't think there's any denying that.

Today you deserved nothing. I would have been gutted with a draw but to lose was galling!

Anyway, well done and we'll see you next season :-)
  • Options
    yellow and green should never be seen !
  • Options
    too be fair the colourway of the kit is awful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: G_Wood[/cite]too be fair the colourway of the kit is awful.

It was very fashionable in 1927.