Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bailey Wasted.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Spoke to Nicky's agent yesterday, he has been playing with an injury for last two games & yes he did miss a tackle & yes he was not at his best, but still had four of our best efforts on goal which is hardly worth some of the critisicsm on here. He is playing out of position in a position he does not like, but still puts a shift in, still some of you lot won't have to worry about him next season when he is sold, perhaps you'll be happy then.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Spoke to Nicky's agent yesterday, he has been playing with an injury for last two games & yes he did miss a tackle & yes he was not at his best, but still had four of our best efforts on goal which is hardly worth some of the critisicsm on here. He is playing out of position in a position he does not like, but still puts a shift in, still some of you lot won't have to worry about him next season when he is sold, perhaps you'll be happy then.

Exactly at least he's willing to play out of postion and work hard for the team, shame not everyone is the same
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    we need to play as we started imho!

Randolph
    -
    Richardson
    Dailly
    Sodje
    Borrowdale
    -
    Sam
    Semedo
    Racon
    Bailey
    -
    Shelvey
    -
    Burton

That's all we need back to basics.

p.s I did keep Randy as he's done well
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]we need to play as we started imho!

Bailey
    Richardson
    Dailly
    Sodje
    Borrowdale
    -
    Sam
    Semedo
    Racon
    Bailey
    -
    Shelvey
    -
    Burton

Bailey is wasted ........ in goal, Dazzler!
  • Options
    ha ha ha hence the edit I started writing something about Bailey being best imo out wide, but then thought nah our team should be... and we all know the rest of the story
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]we need to play as we started imho!

Randolph
    -
    Richardson
    Dailly
    Sodje
    Borrowdale
    -
    Sam
    Semedo
    Racon
    Dazzler
    -
    Shelvey
    -
    Burton

p.s I did keep Randy as he's done well

I agree especially with Dazzler gining lots of pace on the wing ;-)
  • Options
    Ha ha, Uncle ..... I've seen referees run faster than Dazzler!

;o)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    i'd be better than that useless, lazy, diving, inconsistant joke of a footballer ;o)

p.s that is just taking the micky out of the Nicholas Bailey bashers!
  • Options
    Yesterdays news boys... I am a torpedo now... hah hah hah with a broken propellor!
  • Options
    I wouldnt start changing the formation. Thought we played well against saints and Norwich....just found two goalkeepers having good days.....with Bailey forcing 80% of their saves!
    Does anyone know if Reid has upset Parky?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure about Bailey but I did see Simon Webster wasted in a beer garden in Greenwich a few years ago.

Oh, and Ralph Milne so wasted he fell asleep standing up and playing pool.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Does anyone know if Reid has upset Parky?

That would seem about right
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RalphMilnesgut[/cite]Oh, and Ralph Milne so wasted he fell asleep standing up and playing pool.

You sure he wasnt just having a 'rest'?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]

Still think he is our most creative player and should have started on saturday. No good bringing him on when a team is sitting back with 11 players behind the ball....he needed to start when the game was open.
  • Options
    Whatever their individual merits, Racon and Semedo in centre midfield simply do not provide any attack. The result is that all our attacks have to come down the wings or simply from long balls pumped over midfield's heads from the defenders. Basically any long ball from our level of player becomes a 50/50 ball - turning possession into a lottery. As for the attack from the wings we rarely get efficient crosses or the strikers with the nous and ability to get into positions to score from them. The esult of both 'techniques' is the kind of head tennis we've seen too much of this season. The odd moments when we play ball to feet we actually look good. The responsibility to distribute that kind of attacking pass lies principally with centre midfield. Semedo is excellent at putting himself about and squashing attacks from the opposition but Racon, for all his skill, very very rarely initiates an attacking move - he looks assured and plays neat short passes, but they are often square or back. It was noticeable when Jonjo briefly came on the other day that there were four long accurate forward passes initiating attacks.
  • Options

• Options
    One of my mates was speaking to Reid before the game and he said that if we go up he wants to stay so from that you would assume that everything with Parkinson was ok.

The only thing Reid did say is that he wants to be playing, not sitting on the bench.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]

Still think he is our most creative player and should have started on saturday. No good bringing him on when a team is sitting back with 11 players behind the ball....he needed to start when the game was open.
    Agree he's better when the game is open, and looking back he perhaps should have started.

Wouldn't call him our most creative player though, a lot that comes from players like Shelvey, Burton and Sam. First two pick out passes, Sam works with Richardson and whoever drifts out to the right to get a bit of space and get a cross in. A lot of our goals this season have been through those 3 players.

Of course Reid hasn't been here as long, but he's not the player I think might set something up, not through a great pass or cross anyway. Reid just looks to take players on by sprinting past them, which can be effective with a bit of space.
  • Options
    Reid is a more robust Waggy which is meant as a compliment in that he offers a potent goal threat given the right conditions. He is not going to unlock a tight defence like Norwich's though unless played in by a creative passer like Jonjo.
  • Options
    In fact I can tell you that Nicky also had a nagging injury which lasted a good few weeks around February and into early March...to do with his neck....it wasn't made public knowledge at the time so I kept quiet about it but I think it's probably OK to mention it now.
    Basicly he couldn't turn his head from side to side quickly.........might have been a trapped nerve or something similar.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why that explains it then! Why the hell is he playing then? Rather him rested and back to his old self for the play-offs.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]Why that explains it then! Why the hell is he playing then? Rather him rested and back to his old self for the play-offs.

Stupid on the players and the managers part to play a player that cant turn his head
  • Options
    Maybe I should rephrase that...he actually could move his head (and quickly from side to side if need be), but it hurt when he did, so it didn't actually stop him from playing, he was simply in discomfort some of the time.
    Evidently it's OK now.
  • Options
    And can you imagine the stick Bailey would have got if he came out and said "my neck hurts when I turn it so I'm not playing"?

"Nancy boy, not fit to play let alone captain the club, shows no commitment, coward, just like with his diving, parky is weak letting him get away with it, man up blah, blah, blah"

You want tough, hard, committed players who will "run through walls" for the club but when you learn they are injured and still playing they get slagged off.

"Not his fault, it's the management" you quickly back track but if we, or any club, only put out players who were 100% fit we'd never put a team out. Players play strapped up, with pain killers, hernias, strains and a lot more and always have done.

Gawd knows the stick Bert Trautman (look him up kids) would have got for playing with a broken neck now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]but if we, or any club, only put out players who were 100% fit we'd never put a team out.
    Very true that.
  • Options
    Nicky Bailey's just ben interviewed for Sky Sports News. Should be on later. Nick Collins conducted the interview. Superb moustache (TH)
    Just come up on CAFC Twitter
  • Options

a bit repetative that twice posted Uncle?

Do you know if Jonjo will be back anytime soon?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Gawd knows the stick Bert Trautman (look him up kids) would have got for playing with a broken neck now.

Read an interesting article on Trautman's biography recently. For some reason I was surprised to see he was alive and well, just assumed he'd died ages ago.

Dead hard.