Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charity Request: I know you are probably sick of these but..........

edited April 2010 in Not Sports Related
I am undertaking a 2 day 200km bike ride on the last weekend of June, fairly easy going on flat roads, but this ride is through the Eastern fringes of the Rocky Mountains & I am NOT looking forward to the saddle chafing one bit!!

What am I doing it for, one simple word really - cancer.

I lost my mum to cancer when she was only 46, she had already fought off one bout before sucummbing to the more aggressive relaspe & it's a disease that touches all of us in some way or another at some stage in our lives. I'm doing this in her memory & to help those who are facing up to or will face up the disease here in Alberta.

If you are able to make donation - however small, it would be really appreciated & even if not at the very least, spare a thought for me as I ride through those grizzly bear infested pesky mountains in the blazing sun sometime in the all to near future.

Thanks

Oakster

Graeme's Ride to Conquer Cancer

Comments

• Options
    Good work, good luck!
  • Options
    Hi
    Sorry to hear about your mum, my mum died aged 52 of cancer, both far too young - tragic.
    Made small donation good luck to you on your fundraising endevours. I am coming to Canada in September and hoping to see lots of grizzly bears, thankfully not from a bike!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kimbo[/cite]Hi
    Sorry to hear about your mum, my mum died aged 52 of cancer, both far too young - tragic.
    Made small donation good luck to you on your fundraising endevours. I am coming to Canada in September and hoping to see lots of grizzly bears, thankfully not from a bike!

Thanks Kimbo - very much appreciated! If you are coming to Alberta or BC let me know, I can let you know some of the best inside places to go & things to do!!