Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Racon on Exeter....

edited April 2010 in General Charlton
from the SLP

blimey, his English has come on !

“We can win all three games but the Exeter fixture and the one at Oldham will be the hardest,”

“Both are away at smaller stadiums and Exeter in particular are fighting for their lives. But we gel well with this type of game so I believe we can get good results.

“It’s all about Saturday now for us and if we can win then we will be full of confidence going into the Leeds game the following week.

“Leeds should not be so difficult because it is at home in front of a big crowd and they will come to attack so it will be an open contest. We will just have to play as we did against Norwich and be a bit more clinical.”

Comments

• Options
    Maybe he's got an excellent 'translator' who er 'types it up' for him

:)
  • Options
    so what do we take from this, that we will lose at exeter and oldham but beat leeds
  • Options
    so Racon thinks Leeds at home won't be so difficult. Oh dear. Typical of his laid back attitude in my opinion. He probably thought that before Millwall away too.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]so Racon thinks Leeds at home won't be so difficult. Oh dear. Typical of his laid back attitude in my opinion.

Oh do behave. Is he not entitled to an opinion ? I actually think he is probably right.
  • Options
    I think he merans that it will be easier as they will come to win & not simply park their bus in front of the goal............which may happen at the other two games
  • Options
    Glad that he is thinking in positive terms but I wish that they (the team) had been a little more positive about 10 games ago when we were dropping home points like they were hot rocks. Had we got a couple more wins then the situation we find ourselves in would be a different ball game altogether.
  • Options
    i think he's right aswell........ but it would have been nice to read something along the lines of

"the lads are full of confidence after the way we played saturday, the fans were fantastic and its a happy unit at the moment. we are going into the last 3 games believing we can win them all starting with exeter. we know about the goal difference and have been working on set pieces and a new attacking system".
  • Options
    we shouldn't be complacent about any of the games, if that is what he's saying then he's right.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: choice[/cite]i think he's right aswell........ but it would have been nice to read something along the lines of

"the lads are full of confidence after the way we played saturday, the fans were fantastic and its a happy unit at the moment. we are going into the last 3 games believing we can win them all starting with exeter. we know about the goal difference and have been working on set pieces and a new attacking system".

I prefer that he says what he thinks rather than come out with loads of cliches like that.

But it really doesn't matter what he or anyone else says. What matters is what they do.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]But it really doesn't matter what he or anyone else says. What matters is what they do.
    Exactly that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    hopefully he will not be afraid to put his foot through the ball this week and have a shot, rather than trying to walk the poxy thing into the net
  • Options
    well yes but there is probably an area between honesty and propaganda
  • Options
    Talk is cheap. Only goals win games. All this talk about how well we played against Norwich, it doesn't mean a thing, we lost, because we couldn't score a goal.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]Talk is cheap. Only goals win games. All this talk about how well we played against Norwich, it doesn't mean a thing, we lost, because we couldn't score a goal.

exactly ... i'd rather we were utter tosh and nicked a draw or win against norwich
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]Talk is cheap. Only goals win games. All this talk about how well we played against Norwich, it doesn't mean a thing, we lost, because we couldn't score a goal.

Exactly which is why i said if we play the same we'll lose. You cant win without scoring. Do the talking on the pitch and strike the ball from the edge of the box, you never know one might go in
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]so Racon thinks Leeds at home won't be so difficult. Oh dear. Typical of his laid back attitude in my opinion. He probably thought that before Millwall away too.

Maybe Large is not having a moan ..... just being a realist?

*sorry mate, couldn't resist! *

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    Do the talking on the pitch and strike the ball from the edge of the box, you never know one might go in

Not if you were shooting :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    Do the talking on the pitch and strike the ball from the edge of the box, you never know one might go in

Not if you were shooting :-)

Hahahaha bloody cheek