Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton sounded out on potential Palace groundshare

edited April 2010 in General Charlton
along with Millwall and Gillingham, according to rumours on their site. On condition their current takeover bid fails.

Mind you, Addickted mentioned on here nearly three months ago that Charlton had already been sounded out by Lloyds...

Comments

• Options
    Sensible Plan B just in case or putting pressure on Rock's administrators by saying we don't need Selhurst so be sensible about the sale price/rent?

The risk is that once having left the owners of Selhurst may then find it much easier to get the local council to allow housing development on the ground.
  • Options
    Imagine seeing the palace badge on the side of the main stand with ours and shirts in the club shop!!!
  • Options
    This was always a possibility, but now it seems to be coming from Palace rather than their creditors.

If their new consortium can't afford to exit with a CVA and purchase the freehold of SP, then they're stuck with the £1.3m PA rent (+ other monies Jordan has signed away with their lease), which really is unsustainable for a 2nd tier club with a stadium that requires vast amounts spending on it by the leaseholder.

I expect PwC would quite happily pay the sitting tenant cash to vacate the stadium and waive any outstanding monies owed to them in back rent and 'one off' payments. They then have a nice piece of real estate for the developers to fight over - Sainsbury's being my guess. Croydon Council would bend over backwards to allow development on that site with a section 106 agreement. Once Palace have left of course.
  • Options
    it might be an offer we can't afford to turn down, The Den is owned by Southwark council though isn't it, and Gillingham would be too far/small? And sod having a Palace badge anywhere...!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: bloodnut[/cite]Imagine seeing the palace badge on the side of the main stand with ours and shirts in the club shop!!!

god i made a flippant comment about this yesterday in the "does anyone know where this is" thread

;-(

* choice
    * CommentTime21 hours ago

edit quote# 69

Posted By: Curb_Ittalking of plaques. Why is the North Stand opening plaque cordoned off?

they are currently in the process of putting the palace badge there for groundsharing when they get evicted
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bloodnut[/cite]Imagine seeing the palace badge on the side of the main stand with ours and shirts in the club shop!!!

Did we share the club shop at Selhurst???? I thought we kept something going at the Valley and had a portacabin at Selhurst Park, I might be wrong as I dont spend a lot of time in the shop.
  • Options
    I suspect this is a negotiating ploy, after all would their local council allow a change of use in today's climate, and after the precedent set by a certain other club from southeast London?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite]

Did we share the club shop at Selhurst???? I thought we kept something going at the Valley and had a portacabin at Selhurst Park, I might be wrong as I dont spend a lot of time in the shop.

We just need to stick their badge on the stand with a bit of velcro or double sided sticky tape, then rip it off once their game is over.
    Might be worth it for 500k per season.
  • Options
    pitch would get fecked tho
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    would they bring their jumbotron with them?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]would they bring their jumbotron with them?

It's not theirs. :-)
  • Options
    I think it's a great idea ....... rip off the poor homeless b*st*rds and treat 'em like sh!t.
    And then spend the next 20 years telling them how grateful they should be.

;o)
  • Options
    I'd hate to see this happen. We could do with the cash I'm sure and no-one wants to see any club, even if it is Palace, be wound-up but the thought of Palace using our stadium sends shivers down my spine.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I think it's a great idea ....... rip off the poor homeless b*st*rds and treat 'em like sh!t.
    And then spend the next 20 years telling them how grateful they should be.

;o)

No one would do that, would they?
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]would they bring their jumbotron with them?

It's not theirs. :-)

Oh, yeah I forgot. Still Sainsbury's won't want it so I reckon they could sneak it out when no one's looking.

I did here that Steve Finnan has offered to sell his European Cup medal to raise funds for Palace.
  • Options
    I'd hate to see it happen, it'd be like seeing a reserve team match when they play at The Valley... Would the have to pay for the stewarding, running costs, electricity for the huge TV etc.? ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]it might be an offer we can't afford to turn down, The Den is owned by Southwark council though isn't it, and Gillingham would be too far/small? And sod having a Palace badge anywhere...!

Gills ground too small for Palace....don't think so. Last time I was there was our 1-0 loss in September 2008. Throughout the 90 mins our fans sang their hearts out and a lot of it was to the tune of 'Your grounds too big for you, Your grounds too big for you, la la la la la, la, la la la la'. You get the idea. ;-)
  • Options
    I'd want money up front!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]I'd want money up front!

That will your epitaph S. :-)
  • Options
    The thought of someone sitting in my seat with a Palace shirt on ......................... would letting them just have use of the Jimmy Seed stand suffice ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite]

Yes mike we did, round the side of the sainsbury stand! All mixed in with palace stuff...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: No.1 in South London[/cite]The thought of someone sitting in my seat with a Palace shirt on ......................... would letting them just have use of the Jimmy Seed stand suffice ?

Only if we could rename it the Jonathan Fortune stand for their games only
  • Options
    This is what the Palace fans are saying at the moment.

Some of them seem quite angry! Especially the Barcelona based fan. Oh dear. ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sideways[/cite]This is what the Palace fans are saying at the moment.

Leroy?
  • Options
    Singing about how much they hate us in OUR Covered End... no hold on a minute just remembered they couldnt give a toss!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sideways[/cite]This is what the Palace fans are saying at the moment.

Crikey, imagine how cross they'd get if we were really their rivals.

I'd not have a problem. If they pay us a cash, it'd be great; if we get a better team because of their money then everyone wins. It's not like they get many supporters anyway and we can always get the bit that they've used sprayed.
  • Options
    They could ground share with MK dons, as they used share with palarse.
  • Options
    would be a boost for local pubs and clubs like the Oak and Lib which would mean more chance of them staying open for us.

Assuming they come to us rather than Millwall (nearer but police issues) or Gills (Smaller and further) then I'd welcome the extra money to help keep us going.

Might come down to which of the three clubs offers them the best deal plus of course if they can do a deal on Selhurst.

Meanwhile I have asked NSS to print up 1,000 "Palace and the Valley - Re-united" T-shirts : - )
  • Options
    Could have sheep dips set up for them as they are coming into the ground...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]would be a boost for local pubs and clubs like the Oak and Lib which would mean more chance of them staying open for us.

Assuming they come to us rather than Millwall (nearer but police issues) or Gills (Smaller and further) then I'd welcome the extra money to help keep us going.

Might come down to which of the three clubs offers them the best deal plus of course if they can do a deal on Selhurst.

Meanwhile I have asked NSS to print up 1,000 "Palace and the Valley - Re-united" T-shirts : - )

Nice! How much would you price them at though? 3 for a pound? ;-)
  • Options
    Could even merge the clubs in a month or two if they're still a division higher ... or did someone try that on back in '86? LOL