Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ssn on Diawara swap loan

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=440981&CPID=8&clid=47&lid=&title=REDKNAPP+LINES+UP+SWAP+DEAL

Comments

• Options
    hmmmmmm might b shrewd bit of business, esp if souly learns something bout defending the 'long ball' from big tony and sol

could come back to us alot betta player adapted to the english league, we just don;t have time for him to settle in at the mo, also might get half decent price, if he fails misrable then we no we have to sell him back to some poncy european league

still not keen on andy o'brian, still he may surprise me
  • Options
    It will be warmer down on the South Coast so he won't need his gloves.
  • Options
    i agree with 'Arry. I think he is better than what he has shown as well
  • Options
    big wage saving I hope..
  • Options
    4 million for a centre back in exchange for a Geordie Misfit!
  • Options
    I he plays well for arry
  • Options
    I was ideally hoping that Diawara would improve after learning off Adams and Campbell and coming back a better player but from what he says there it looks like they can make it permanent if he impresses. Surely if he impresses we'd want to keep him?
  • Options
    can't see him playing much with Primus and Campbell having very good seasons
  • Options
    Fuck that swap El Kak would make more sense,I still think Diawara will come good,even if it is next year!!!!.I remember when we were relegated last time,Carl Tiler absolutely pissed the then 1st division and I think Diawara would also,just needs time to acclimatise.
  • Options
    Agree - still think he will come good, and probably at Portsmouth.

He's come to a new country and played for three different managers as part of a Keystone Cops defence, so it's hardly surprising that he's not had the best of times.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2007
    Not to mention being made the scapegoat by his chairman
  • Options
    I think people are basing their assumptions that Diawara will "come good" on the basis that he has not played that many games, which is wishful thinking in my book.
    Problem is that it looks like his game is just not suited to the hurly burly of the EPL with the physical approach, long balls and speed of the game so he may never suit the style of play in the EPL no matter who he plays for.
    Like Tony Cascarino said at the time £3.7 million is a MASSIVE amount of money to a club like Sochaux and out of all proportion to what the guy was actually worth in the real world.
    Murray was a bit out of order but I don't think he was really having a go at Diawara, he was really having a crack at Dowie for signing him in the first place.
    Murray would clearly have asked Dowie, "Is this guy worth this amouny of money?" Dowie's infamous response was, "He's the best defender you've never heard of."
    That's why Murray was so aggrieved, he had been persuaded by Dowie to part with nearly FOUR MILLION QUID on an absolute turkey. That's an AWFUL LOT of money for Charlton.
  • Options
    Personally I rate him, I think its more adjustment/circumstances that is his problem. I think the problem is our midfield are exposing the back four so much.
  • Options
    He needs to learn English ASAP as well
  • Options
    Pards has said in the Guardian that he likes Diawara, and he's not interested in Andy O'Brien
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Pards has said in the Guardian that he likes Diawara, and he's not interested in Andy O'Brien

really? good
  • Options
    I think he is a great defender 95% of the time. But he switches off, he's cost us 2 goals (Jensen & ?) already should have been 3 (can't remember the exact games right now)

We can't afford any player to switch off at anytime, expecially a center back.
  • Options
    thought you said Guardian was rubbish for sports, it was probably Curbs they meant..

;)
  • Options
    Pards in the Guardian

Diawara was another of Dowie's summer signings, at £3.7m, but Pardew seems less keen on letting the centre-back go, indicating that the Senegalese may be involved against Middlesbrough tomorrow. "He has got a very good chance of playing on Saturday," the Charlton manager said. "My first impression is that I've liked what I've seen. I think he needs to learn about the Premier League and he needs some guidance and I think Ben Thatcher will be a help to him. Andy O'Brien is a good experienced player and could offer most Premiership teams some guidance. But at the moment it is not going to happen.
  • Options
    I stand by that Razil, poor match reports and no contacts in the game, I'll give em the benefit of the doubt on a quote in a press conference
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Andy O'Brien is a good experienced player and could offer most Premiership teams some guidance. But at the moment it is not going to happen.

What is Pards meaning by that?
  • Options
    Andy O'Brien is a good experienced player and could offer most Premiership teams some guidance. But at the moment it is not going to happen.

What is Pards meaning by that?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: reserves[/cite]I think he is a great defender 95% of the time. But he switches off, he's cost us 2 goals (Jensen & ?) already should have been 3 (can't remember the exact games right now)

We can't afford any player to switch off at anytime, expecially a center back.

He lost the flight of the ball twice at Wigan which led to goals
  • Options
    a agree dude, its a shame really cos I would love not to buy the sun.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Diawara is one of the few players to have his own song so should be kept just for that.

He is strong, fast (nearly as fast as Romm according to ID), puts a tackle in and recovers well. But he has to recover well cos he get wrong side and loses his man too often. From a storming start he has started to look more and more worried, and worrying, every game. Should have been sent off at Arsenal for two yellows or maybe even a straight red.

Maybe Pardew can sort him out but a struggling team low on confidence with a different back four every week playing in front of a rookie keeper who doesnt get his calls right isn't good place to learn about the premiership.
  • Options
    The problem is the Telegraph is the best sports paper, but then you have to buy that steaming Tory rag!

I'm sticking with the Times, decent sport, good news content
  • Options
    Not a sad leftie r u Rothko?
  • Options
    I don't think I ever buy a paper to actually read the news, just the Sport.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

From a storming start he has started to look more and more worried, and worrying, every game.

Speaking of storming starts, just what has gone wrong with Faye. He was superb in his first few games for us
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Not a sad leftie r u Rothko?

My politics is bang in the middle, but probably a tad to the left. Why you do you believe everything you read in Mail?