Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reaction To Norwich Defeat

Alrite guys, I know its been a few days since the Norwich game but I believe that despite us losing the performance was a good one and that it can stand us in good stead for the remaining games and if we don't make automatic promotion then we have the chance to put together some momentum for the playoffs. I've written an article about this for footballfancast.com where I've just started an internship and it would be great if you guys could have a look at my article and leave some comments, give it a rating and really tell me what you think, any feedback would be much appreciated:

http://www.footballfancast.com/football-blogs/charlton-down-but-certainly-not-out

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2010
    Would have been better to put this on the post match thread.

The real problem though is that it has come so long after the game that it is repeating old ground and adds nothing to the debate. If it had come out monday or before may have had more interest.
  • Options
    A decent enough account, but clearly written from a Charlton perspective. A neutral fan at the Norwich game would not be so upbeat about Leeds' chances of losing at home to MK Dons on Saturday. Phrases like 'certainties for promotion' don't sit well with most fans ... and who told you that Nicky Bailey is one of the best players in the division? Even if it is true, you need some basis for making a statement like that.

My main comment/criticism ... what new things does this article provide? We can find the match stats (as you did) from the BBC website. What did I learn from reading it that I didn't know before?

My message: bring your own style, your own thoughts into things like this. Don't fall into the trap of repeating what is already out there.

Hope this helps.

That will be 20 guineas.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Thanks for the feedback guys, well I only started at FootballFanCast today and my assignment prior to starting was to write something about Charlton in the last 7 days and the only thing of note was the Norwich game so didn't have much choice. As for writing from a Charlton perspective thats what the website is all about really giving your opinion so it is going to be partly biased but I did try and balance it out by stating that wins like these for Norwich are what got them promoted and that we wouldn't want Millwall in the play offs.

Nicky Bailey is in my opinion one of the best players in the division but you are right, the claim probably could be backed up so I will add more density to further articles. I did indeed nick the stats from BBC but you know I think an article sometimes needs to be backed up with stats and not every single Charlton fan would have looked at them. As for new information, I'm afraid you can't really find that on an opinion piece but I will try my best to give fresh insights.

I will try take on board everything you guys have said though and I hope that you read my upcoming articles, Charlton or not on http://www.footballfancast.com and give me your opinion on them. Thanks again and please feel free to leave comments on the site and give the article a rating.
  • Options
    Willfollow you with interest. Good luck