Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lib Dems call for return to 'safe' standing

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/lib-dems-call-for-return-to-safe-standing-on-terraces-1950535.html

Just stumbled across this, another good reason to vote Liberal.

Comments

• got my vote
  • Morcambe's new ground has safe standing I think?, interesting to see if that is a success.
  • Funny this should come up during an election
  • edited April 2010
    That's awesome. Let me stick it in Leroy Ambrose's Spreadsheet Of Reasons To Vote For A Particular Party (2010). This is how it looks at the moment for the Liberals:

screencapx.jpg
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]That's awesome. Let me stick it in Leroy Ambrose's Spreadsheet Of Reasons To Vote For A Particular Party (2010). This is how it looks at the moment for the Liberals:

screencapx.jpg

Tough call. I reckon I'll be flipping a coin to decide. What about you?
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]That's awesome. Let me stick it in Leroy Ambrose's Spreadsheet Of Reasons To Vote For A Particular Party (2010). This is how it looks at the moment for the Liberals:

screencapx.jpg

Brilliant stuff.
  • Well i'm struggling.
    Labour can go swivel.13 years of turning the country into the cess pit it is today does not warrant my vote i'm afraid

Torys have a very weak stance and what i've seen of their shadow ministers fills me with no confidence at all.George Osbourne particularly scares me to death.

Liberals.Well where do you start?

Think it's time i moved abroad.
  • There's no hiding from poor politics and even worse politicians, Carly. No matter where you go in the World you'll end up with a proper bunch of numbnuts in power so you might as well stay here.

I was going to vote Liberal anyway.
  • Unfortunately I can't see past their support for Europe and joining the euro, an amnesty for all illegal immigrants, well done on evading eviction, don't forget to tell all your relatives, their belief in no one being sent to prison, the giving away of our independent nuclear deterrent, they are the 'different' party I will give them that, or 'special' anyway. But if safe standing is more important, then go for it.
  • Unfortunately I can't see past their support for Europe and joining the euro, an amnesty for all illegal immigrants, well done on evading eviction, don't forget to tell all your relatives, their belief in no one being sent to prison, the giving away of our independent nuclear deterrent, they are the 'different' party I will give them that, or 'special' anyway. But if safe standing is more important, then go for it.
  • Sponsored links:

• By the time safe standing comes into force, I'll be too old to stand for 90 mins.

screencapx.jpg
    Utter genius Leroy!
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Unfortunately I can't see past their support for Europe and joining the euro, an amnesty for all illegal immigrants, well done on evading eviction, don't forget to tell all your relatives, their belief in no one being sent to prison, the giving away of our independent nuclear deterrent, they are the 'different' party I will give them that, or 'special' anyway. But if safe standing is more important, then go for it.
    Well said Steve. The liberals will say anything for votes. I wish that voters would read each parties manifestos before voting.
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]That's awesome. Let me stick it in Leroy Ambrose's Spreadsheet Of Reasons To Vote For A Particular Party (2010). This is how it looks at the moment for the Liberals:

screencapx.jpg
    Utter genius Leroy!
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Unfortunately I can't see past their support for Europe and joining the euro, an amnesty for all illegal immigrants, well done on evading eviction, don't forget to tell all your relatives, their belief in no one being sent to prison, the giving away of our independent nuclear deterrent, they are the 'different' party I will give them that, or 'special' anyway. But if safe standing is more important, then go for it.
    Well said Steve. The liberals will say anything for votes. I wish that voters would read each parties manifestos before voting.

What ? You're saying in the Lib Dem manifesto it says "we'll say anything for votes" :-)
  • edited April 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Funny this should come up during an election[/quote]

I know Don Foster - the Lib Dem spokesman for Culture, Media and Sport - and he has supported and advocated 'safe standing' for many years. He's been with me to The Valley on a number of occasions and he's a regular supporter at Bath City FC - where he stands! This might have been publicised during the election because the journos are at last listening to someone other than the two ex-main parties, but this is definitely not a new policy as far as Don is concerned.
  • Labour used to roll this one out every campaign prior to this one, mysteriously it never happened despite them being in power..odd that.
  • it won't happen ... none of them have got the bottle to push it through
  • [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Unfortunately I can't see past their support for Europe and joining the euro, an amnesty for all illegal immigrants, well done on evading eviction, don't forget to tell all your relatives, their belief in no one being sent to prison, the giving away of our independent nuclear deterrent, they are the 'different' party I will give them that, or 'special' anyway. But if safe standing is more important, then go for it.

5 out of 6 ain't bad for me. One that I'm not sure on.

Not gonna tell anyone how to vote
  • Thought Brown and Clegg came across well last night, David performed like a true actor, didn't sit well with me that he kept looking at the camera, poor play.
  • I just cant believe a party which takes us into an illegal war and lied to go into a legal one would get any votes from anyone at all.
    I mean just how corrupt do they have to be before people stop voting for them?
  • [cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]I just cant believe a party which takes us into an illegal war and lied to go into a legal one would get any votes from anyone at all.

Half of Europe got dragged into that one as well. Depending on the constituency, I'd consider voting for them just to stop the Tories getting in.
  • Sponsored links:

• See this is what I honestly dont understand, but its what politics is all about, Chunes
    I respect your view, but just cant begin to understand it
    I realise you have other concerns as your priority, but I just cant help being more angry about their (especially that scary manipulator Mandlesons) behaviour than anything else in politics.

• I just did this and to my amazement it came out that I should vote UKIP - and I'm pro-Europe!
  • [cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]I just cant believe a party which takes us into an illegal war and lied to go into a legal one would get any votes from anyone at all.
    So who are you voting for then? You're deluding yourself if you think that either of the other two would have done anything different. If your vote is going to be decided by the legality of Britain entering into combat in Iraq/Afghanistan, then you shouldn't vote at all (unless you vote for the Greens or the Communists)
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]I just cant believe a party which takes us into an illegal war and lied to go into a legal one would get any votes from anyone at all.
    So who are you voting for then? You're deluding yourself if you think that either of the other two would have done anything different. If your vote is going to be decided by the legality of Britain entering into combat in Iraq/Afghanistan, then you shouldn't vote at all (unless you vote for the Greens or the Communists)

The commies invaded Afghanistan in the 70's so best swerve them to be safe.
  • [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]I just cant believe a party which takes us into an illegal war and lied to go into a legal one would get any votes from anyone at all.
    So who are you voting for then? You're deluding yourself if you think that either of the other two would have done anything different. If your vote is going to be decided by the legality of Britain entering into combat in Iraq/Afghanistan, then you shouldn't vote at all (unless you vote for the Greens or theCommunists)

The commies invaded Afghanistan in the 70's so best swerve them to be safe.
    Tru dat. Or - well, best swerve them to be safe anyway I reckon. That just leaves the Greens (see what I did there?)
  • [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]

I just did this and to my amazement it came out that I should vote UKIP - and I'm pro-Europe!

is this fixed? I also got UKIP and it is very unlikely that my vote would go with them
  • I didn't get UKIP or even the Tories, but they were 2 and 3. I thought the questions were a bit simplistic, and maybe that's why they tend to favour certain parties. I noticed a few Labour and Lib Dem policies in there with just the first sentence included, leaving out the majority of the policy. UKIP are probably favoured because they technically have policies on other issues, but even they don't know what they are, and if they ever made it into government, their only demands would be related to Europe.

This one is a bit more work, but it goes through all of the policies in detail.
  • How is reading a manifesto going to inform you who you should vote for?

They are all works of fantasy, conveniently forgotten by the party that gets into power because they always know what's good for us little people. It happened to the Tories under Thatcher and Major, and it happened even quicker to the Labour party. As such, they can both go and take a running jump (and for other reasons - Labour = incomptence, Tories = not so much a party, more of a marketing campaign). So even though I disagree with many of their policies, it's the Lib-Dems for me, I'm afraid. Because their set of fantasy policies are as equally invalid as the fantasy policies of the other two main parties. However, there's a damn sight more chance of things changing under them than the other two, that's for sure. Stick that in your spreadsheet, Leroy!

BTW I did think it was a work of genius, though - fair play!
  • edited December 2010
    This was supposedly debated on the 7 december, anyone know how it went?

debate