Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Happy St George's Day...

Comments

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: oldbloke[/cite]I love England and I'm proud to say I'm English but you know what I hate about St George's Day?

St George was an Italian.[/quote]

Yes we know he was not English im sure he was a Turk??

We get this every Fecking year

WE KNOW BORING

Same as St PAtrick was Welsh SO BLEEDING WHAT
  • Options
    St George was Armenian I thought.
  • Options
    I thought he was from Erith.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]I thought he was from Erith.[/quote]

He is from Abbey Wood FACT
  • Options
    It is likely that Saint George was born to a Christian noble family in Lydda, Palestine during the late third century between about 275 AD and 285 AD, and he died in Nicomedia
  • Options
    'appy st george's day everyone.

keep it positive!
  • Options
    I thought he came through the Palace world renowned youth academy?
  • Options
    Hapy St George's Day all...
  • Options
    St George was best friends growing up with Steve Finnan. FACT
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Happy St. George's Day ... just spoke to my wife and she's got the St George's flag up at the window as usual.

Great to hear what so many schools are doing ... seems like we are finally 'officially' allowed to celebrate ;-)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Happy St Gs Day to all.

If you want to celebrate good on you and if you dont well isnt that what we are all about ? the FREEDOM to choose.

had my English breakfast --- got my rose---- flag on the car--- on the lash this afternoon.
  • Options
    Got my big St. george/charlton flag up in the garden hanging from the trees... UP THE ENGLISH!!!

Can everyone please just try and drink responsibly today yeah, i know the suns out and its a friday... but lets just keep it civilised you guys o.k.

You wont see Sir cliff richard smashed out of his face, hes got style and so should we have!?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I love England and I'm proud to say I'm English but you know what I hate about St George's Day?

People moaning about "PC" and not being able to celebrate it and how terrible that is.

But I guess that is being English as well and it wouldn't be England or St George's Day if we didn't have a moan about something and felt sorry for ourselves.

One of Life's universal truths, Henry .... the English are only happy when they are miserable. Unlike the Scots, of course, who are only at peace when they are fighting.

*hides behind sofa*
  • Options
    This is the first i have herd about St georges day why is it we dont even celebrate it in this country but we celebrate paddys day like its New Year?
  • Options
    I'm moaning about my childrens school not celebrating St Georges day when i'm hearing other schools are pushing the boat out! It anoys me that my children are missing out!!!

As they have missed out today I will be taking them to a pub later full of CAFC!!

Can't wait!
  • Options
    Happy St George's Day one and all whatever you are doing today... will be a cracking belated celebration tomorrow as well!
  • Options
    Happy St Georges Day....!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Happy St George's Day one and all whatever you are doing today... will be a cracking belated celebration tomorrow as well!

I make you right there!
  • Options
    Happy St Georges's day.

I'm having a traditional Chinese Meal tonight...luvverly!

None of that foreign muck like Pie and Mash!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does an English breakfast include chips??

Discuss!
  • Options
    OOOOOOO happy days just about to go on the lash when the local Labour party knock on door and ask would i like to have a few words with the local MP -------------------------------------------------- o yes i think i imght do and boy did i enjoy that. On St Georges Day as well and no roses on them and agreat time just topoint how much they have forgotten England.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh happy days.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I love England and I'm proud to say I'm English but you know what I hate about St George's Day?

People moaning about "PC" and not being able to celebrate it and how terrible that is.

But I guess that is being English as well and it wouldn't be England or St George's Day if we didn't have a moan about something and felt sorry for ourselves.

I thought that was tradition?

Happy St George's Day to all. Nottingham are doing all sorts of things today and tomorrow, or so the internet tells me. Don't know if I'll go in - most of the stuff is for kids, which wouldn't be a problem, but they might not let me play. :( No doubt it'll involve archery.
  • Options
    Talking of archery and England.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9fa3HFR02E

plus it is his birthday today as well
  • Options
    I heard that St George was married to Lady Mildred...is that true?
  • Options
    Have a great day one and all.
    Happy St Georges Day.
  • Options
    We call it St George's Day, it is a celebration of England and being English. Who cares where St George came from, what religion he was or who he supported!
    It's a day for the English and slowy but surely it is getting a bigger and better day.
    Went to The Lamb Tavern too. Drank Youngs Special and London Gin.
    Tonight (Matthew) I'll be having Steak & Kidney Pie and Chips.
  • Options
    Well, out here in the sticks you wouldn't think it was anyone's day. Redhill and Dorking have done bugger all in the way of flags etc and Reigate has made some sort half hearted effort that is hardly worth the bother. The winner by a long way though is Dazzler's home town of Horley, red and white everywhere, looks good. Have a good night everyone.
  • Options
    As an educator of our youngsters, (primary), I was on the front line today for the 'celebrations' in school.- SE London.

We had a cross of St George flying in the classroom, we had a chat about what we thought was traditional English food, we learned the legend of St George and acted it out in a drama session, plus made a storyboard of the events.
    We also had a whole school assembley on the subject.
    This time, unlike last year, it wasn't a non uniform day but as St George is also the saint for the Scout movement and soldiers, some kids came to school in cubs, brownies, beavers, etc uniforms.

I have children from many different creeds and cultures in my class. Every child went home today having been reminded that one of the best qualities of England, the English and those who choose to live here is that we are a tolerant society where there is room for everyone.
  • Options
    Forgot to wish everyone a Happy Saint George's Day.