Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Reactions and Views vs. Exeter

WSSWSS
edited April 2010 in General Charlton
Well that little bit of hope of autos has now completely gone. Seems to be no cutting edge despite all of our endeavours. I just hope we don't send Millwall up by beating Leeds next week.

Bring on the playoffs.

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Playoffs it is then. Good to see us coming from a goal down.

Hope Millwall get second and I fancy us against any of the others over 3 games.
  • Options
    Playoffs are a lottery, its 3 games....

I would have taken playoffs at the start of the season with both hands..

with some luck we would have won both of those, norwich and exeter, we hit the woodork twice today... we had 9 shots on target last week against the champions...

and we are in the playoffs, promotion is in our hands, we win the games we go up....

the team have played well in the last 2 ...
  • Options
    Don't forget, Exeter were also playing to keep out of the drop zone, so had to fight today too.
  • Options
    But if we don't send Millwall up, we might get them in the play offs!
  • Options
    Can't score can't see that fact suddenly changing. Will be very tough to progress.
  • Options
    Disappointing, but if asked at the beginning of the season before a ball was kicked I'd have taken Play-Offs. I 'spose it means I can save my money by not going to Oldham but going wherever in the Play-Off Semi's. We've definitely lacked a cutting edge in recent months but I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a day out in the sun come May 29th and walking home happy. COYR.
  • Options
    Didn't go, so no idea
  • Options
    If the league stays as it is tonight that would suit us very well IMO.

We could beat Swindon over 2 legs while Hudds are running into some nice form and will beat Millwall.

We would then beat the Terriers in the final!

Personally happy for us to lose to Leeds next week to prevent Millwall going up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: HandG[/cite]But if we don't send Millwall up, we might get them in the play offs!

Would rather have them in the play-offs than see them promoted.
  • Options
    Players not up for a battle. Play offs will be a struggle, when it really matters like it did today we have to smash exeter out of sight, many have said our keeper was putstanding. Thats just wrong
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Didn't go, so no idea

Drew 1-1 with Exeter and now settle for play offs ;-)
  • Options
    none of the top teams have beaten exeter on their own patch and we scored and hiot the woodwork twice....

this is the first chance of anything positive for years...

so go ahead be bloody miserable, see if I care....

I know we arent any great chakes, but the team has battled and battled hard to get into this position and be very unlucky in the last 2 games...

weve made the playoffs we get to have a tester against Leeds next week and we could drag them into it with a win, which would be perfect, so we send Millwall up probably a good think considering they battered us and have notched 8 goals against this season compared to leeds 0...

we can do this ... traditionally we arent too bad in the play offs...
  • Options
    Can't finish off a game.

We couldn't beat Exeter away when it really matters, unless we can find something extra we won't be good enough in the play offs I fear
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Can't score can't see that fact suddenly changing.

Already has - Kyel Reid. Or doesn't that count for some reason?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Didn't go, so no idea
    Jump down off your high horse. What is YOUR reaction to the result of 1-1 against Exeter?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Players not up for a battle. Play offs will be a struggle, when it really matters like it did today we have to smash exeter out of sight, many have said our keeper was putstanding. Thats just wrong

Sounded like we were well up for the battle .........

driving till the last minute...
  • Options
    No one noticed that Exeter are fighting for their lives at the moment? No, the hubris of some is staggering
  • Options
    We have a history of doing well in the play offs but for some reason I cannot be optimistic that we will do well in it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Players not up for a battle. Play offs will be a struggle, when it really matters like it did today we have to smash exeter out of sight, many have said our keeper was putstanding. Thats just wrong
    Can't agree with that at all. We were never going to "smash Exeter out of sight". They are fighting a relegation battle, have a great home record and as mascot said, none of the top teams won away to Exeter either.

Exeter would have made it tough for any of the other sides in the play-offs. I really doubt many teams in this league would have smashed them today.

We weren't quite good enough, but it was a huge game for both clubs, was always likely to be a tight game.
  • Options
    also NOT ONE of the top teams, and I think the top10 have beaten exeter this season at home... and we hit the woodwork twice....

Miserable f******
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2010
    That's a very positive view, Mascot. Though personally, I've grown a bit tired of the "we did all the right things, so let's keep doing them and hope the results come our way" attitude. Parky's also been subscribing to that all season. For me, that's not a winning attitude. That's a ribena advert attitude. Teams don't win leagues or promotion with it. They do so with a 'WIN. At all costs' mindset. And if you didn't win, you didn't do enough.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]That's a very positive view, Mascot. Though personally, I've grown a bit tired of the "we did all the right things, so let's keep doing them and hope the results come our way" attitude. Parky's also been subscribing to that all season. For me, that's not a winning attitude. That's a ribena advert attitude. Teams don't win leagues or promotion with it. They do so with a 'WIN. At all costs' mindset. And if you didn't win, you didn't do enough.

I'm going with that.
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    We weren't quite good enough, but it was a huge game for both clubs, was always likely to be a tight game.

Heard that one too many times this season.
  • Options
    alright, truthfully, I dont think were going up, but you never know... and we have been unlucky weve needed a striker all yr and we havnt got it....

maybe Im just a bit sick of the negativity, does my head in...

we arent a very good team, we havnt got particularly good players.... and I beleive that those limited players have given everything in the last couple of games ... and I think that deserves support...

So im supporting them....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]That's a very positive view, Mascot. Though personally, I've grown a bit tired of the "we did all the right things, so let's keep doing them and hope the results come our way" attitude. Parky's also been subscribing to that all season. For me, that's not a winning attitude. That's a ribena advert attitude. Teams don't win leagues or promotion with it. They do so with a 'WIN. At all costs' mindset. And if you didn't win, you didn't do enough.

Thank you...I thought i was going insane
  • Options
    didnt play until last 20. unlucky not to win. ref was a clown
  • Options
    We're going to Wem-Ber-Lee!

Fingers crossed the Jubilee line ain't closed on May 29th
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]alright, truthfully, I dont think were going up, but you never know... and we have been unlucky weve needed a striker all yr and we havnt got it....

we arent a very good team, we havnt got particularly good players.... and I beleive that those limited players have given everything in the last couple of games ... and I think that deserves support...

That begs the question, how many of our players would actually get in a Championship side...I think quite a number of them. Poor management has let us down this season in my opinion.
  • Options
    Also this is charlton, we have had tremndous success out of adversity previously ... and also this is football.. so no c*** has any idea what is gonna happen next.......
  • Options
    They were in a Championship side jay. They got relegated.

The team? Charlton.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Jayajosh[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]alright, truthfully, I dont think were going up, but you never know... and we have been unlucky weve needed a striker all yr and we havnt got it....

That begs the question, how many of our players would actually get in a Championship side...I think quite a number of them. Poor management has let us down this season in my opinion.

I dont think many would get in a championship side...