Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

should bailey of started at exeter

edited April 2010 in General Charlton
he played awful at norwich and i think that reid should start

Comments

• Options
    He had two of our best chances against Norwich that drew two fantastic saves.
  • Options
    Reid had a knock which is partly why he didn't start. I would love it if we could get Reid at the Valley next season, when he plays well he tears defences apart. However Bailey has been one of our most consistently good performers this season, so I've got no problems with him starting
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: GNelson[/cite]Reid had a knock which is partly why he didn't start. I would love it if we could get Reid at the Valley next season, when he plays well he tears defences apart. However Bailey has been one of our most consistently good performers this season, so I've got no problems with him starting[/quote]

The problem with reid is he plays fantastic one game but utter rubbish the next
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]He had two of our best chances against Norwich that drew two fantastic saves.

And our best 4 chances against Southamton wasn't it ?? Doesn't that tell you something
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]He had two of our best chances against Norwich that drew two fantastic saves.

And our best 4 chances against Southamton wasn't it ?? Doesn't that tell you something

That Davis and Forster are quality goalkeepers?
  • Options
    Should Bailey HAVE started at Exeter.
  • Options
    Q. should this have been on the exeter match thread?

A Yes
  • Options
    this one should,perhaps not the shelvey one.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Q. should this have been on the exeter match thread?

A Yes

Q) Are you a bore?

A) Yes.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]He had two of our best chances against Norwich that drew two fantastic saves.[/quote]

[quote][cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]He had two of our best chances against Norwich that drew two fantastic saves.[/quote]

And our best 4 chances against Southamton wasn't it ?? Doesn't that tell you something[/quote]

What you said
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bailey is massively overrated and overhyped, has not played well for ages, is not a strong leader/captain and that is a FACT.

(Hard hat on and ducks for cover!)
  • Options
    Red5, I said this last week and was told that I had no idea what i was talking about. He spends all game moaning and not leading

So good luck Red5, If youv'e got the nails then I will supply the cross.
  • Options
    I have to say that I bet Nicky can't remember a time when he's had so many shots and headers on target and come up against consistently good saves....I can think of at least half a dozen worthy goal bound efforts in the last couple of weeks or so that have brought out magnificent saves.
    He's not been on his best form of late, yet 'still' seems to be our one player most likely to score.
  • Options
    Bailey is one of the few players that could be a regular in the Championship next season for another club if we don't go up. Someone said on here not long ago that he only stands out for goalscoring and work rate, which is true. He's decent in most areas which makes him a useful player, and much more all round than say Racon.
  • Options
    Not of late though hey? And that is the discussion (end of).

Of late he did not deserve his place in the starting team (through injury or form).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red5[/cite]Not of late though hey? And that is the discussion (end of).

Of late he did not deserve his place in the starting team (through injury or form).

Utter crap.
  • Options
    utter truth man, utter crap is what we have been watching recently, including captain fantastics performances

(or do you want ginger hair too)
  • Options
    Reid was a doubt as well so not like it was as simple as playing a fully fit player on the left anyway.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red5[/cite]utter truth man, utter crap is what we have been watching recently, including captain fantastics performances

Oh dear oh dear.....oh dear!
  • Options
    I dont understand the defence of a player out of form and lacking leadership at this pivotal time of the season.

What about when Sam plays badly, or Llera, or Racon, or Sodje: they all get bloody slaughtered.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    you keep a low profile soundas after yesterdays false goal alarm!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Red5[/cite]utter truth man, utter crap is what we have been watching recently, including captain fantastics performances

Oh dear oh dear.....oh dear!

What does that mean? Utter crap was your comment to someone elses opinion, was that a more sensible reply then?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]you keep a low profile soundas after yesterdays false goal alarm!!

A combination of me trying to be a smart arse and my lovely cousin winding me up re us scoring on the other end of the phone!!
    I wanted a hole to appear and swallow me up.....my cousin thought it was a great laugh of course and now all the family have heard about it into the bargain!
  • Options
    Is Bailey out of form though or just not at his best? Didn't go yesterday but went to the four games before that and Bailey was ok. Much like the rest of them, not on form but no one is playing badly every game either.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I think he's being sort out by one or two at the moment not because he's playing crap but because he's not at his best....as such, folk are a bit dissapointed in that and I can understand it.
    But even when he's playing average (which he has been lately), he's still, in my opinion, one of our better players and as I've mentioned elsewhere the one most likely to pop up with a goal....let's be honest some great goalkeeping has foiled him several times recently.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Is Bailey out of form though or just not at his best? Didn't go yesterday but went to the four games before that and Bailey was ok. Much like the rest of them, not on form but no one is playing badly every game either.

I must need to get glasses then because that is not the Bailey I have been watching recently. I don't understand the point in having a squad to be honest if the same players get picked regardless of their performances and (in this intance) because of early-mid season form/goals scored.

The argument (of late) has been "but where are the goals going to come from if we don't play Bailey?"

The question is: Is that still the argument then?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red5[/cite]I dont understand the defence of a player out of form and lacking leadership at this pivotal time of the season.

What about when Sam plays badly, or Llera, or Racon, or Sodje: they all get bloody slaughtered.

Agree 100%. Bailey bossed a few Championship games early in his Charlton career but he's rarely lived up to that level since. Those performances, his impressive goal record and the fact that he looks like a pitbull mean he can do no wrong for most on here. Shame he hasn't trained on because in our assistant manager he's got the perfect central midfield role model for a player of his abilities.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]you keep a low profile soundas after yesterdays false goal alarm!!

?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Is Bailey out of form though or just not at his best? Didn't go yesterday but went to the four games before that and Bailey was ok. Much like the rest of them, not on form but no one is playing badly every game either.

I must need to get glasses then because that is not the Bailey I have been watching recently. I don't understand the point in having a squad to be honest if the same players get picked regardless of their performances and (in this intance) because of early-mid season form/goals scored.

The argument (of late) has been "but where are the goals going to come from?" if we don't play Bailey, the question is: Is that still the argument then?
    Who would you play on the left though? Reid isn't 100% fit either, and maybe less fit than Bailey.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red5[/cite]
    The argument (of late) has been "but where are the goals going to come from?" if we don't play Bailey, the question is: Is that still the argument then?
    This is a good point but Bailey and Reid are two of the only players to open up defences and have strong attempts on goal. The problem is they don't IMO play well together only one seems to show up. Reid only seems to last 60-65 minutes as well!
    When rotated however starting Bailey to close everything down spraying shots and passes tiring players before bringing Reid on to use his pace and athleticism to run teams ragged we seem to do better!