Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jerome Thomas update

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
Sky Sports understands that Fulham are close to sealing a move....
Tottenham have rejected a bid from Fulham to make Wayne Routledge's move to Craven Cottage a permanent one, skysports.com understands.

The 21-year-old is currently on a season-long loan with Fulham and he has obviously done enough to impress boss Chris Coleman.

Coleman is looking to bolster his options, as Fulham look for a top half finish and he feels Routledge's permanent signature would be a boost to his squad.

Other Premiership clubs including Watford are know to be tracking the England Under 21 international, which may well have hastened Fulham's bid.

Spurs are very keen on nurturing young talent and coach Martin Jol may well decide to give Routledge another crack at forging a career at White Hart Lane - but that remains to be seen.

While Fulham are considering their next move with Routledge - skysports.com can reveal that they are close to sealing a move for Jerome Thomas.

The Charlton winger is on his way out of The Valley and Fulham have moved quickly to make their move for the former Arsenal, who is at home on either flank.

Comments

• Options
    I think I'd rather lose Dennis or Ambrose than JT.

What will be will be though!
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Jerome has got more about him than both of them, toally agree.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I think I'd rather lose Dennis or Ambrose than JT.

What will be will be though!

Len, i'm not sure-

I've given up on DR, but Ambrose, to my mind i feel is more capable of a consistant performance and then a moment of magic, plus he seems far less injury prone, than Thomas.
  • Options
    Agreed. Thomas is a bit of a fanny merchant really, he plays far too much in front of his full-back and does not get in behind or get in the box nearly enough for someone who does not do much defending either.
    If we can get £1 million for him and use that to beef up somewhere else then it will be a good deal.
  • Options
    I lost it with JT at Wycombe game - he was worst of a bad bunch. Hate to see talent going to waste, but his attitude stinks. Good riddance.