Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone been to Dubai?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Medders - When are you thining of going mate????
  • Options
    bourne geez your link is not working?
  • Options
    That's why I want somewhere to stop over... very concerned about getting bored in the Maldives if we stay there for the whole 2 weeks.... Dont get me wrong, the Maldives looks like an amazing place but I like something to do when I go away...

Most likely staying at Sun Island, on South Ari Atoll
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]That's why I want somewhere to stop over... very concerned about getting bored in the Maldives if we stay there for the whole 2 weeks.... Dont get me wrong, the Maldives looks like an amazing place but I like something to do when I go away...

Most likely staying at Sun Island, on South Ari Atoll

If you dont like diving/fishing theres every chance you'll get bored mate .

I stayed for 10 nights and it did get a bit groundhog day .

It is amazing though , a proper paradise .

Maybe do a week at both ?
  • Options
    You might want to avoid Dubia in the summer months as it hits the sort of temprtures that you wouldn't want to sit out in, unless to want to look a frazzle of course..
  • Options
    Agree with BDL - we are going in July (same time Parents went before) It does get very very hot around 45-50 - but the upside to that is that every where is air conned - sometimes in the evenings you have to go and sit outside to warm up it can get that cold in some places. You get the better deals in the summer months - but as BDL says you really have to like it hot!!

Mx
  • Options
    We're going mid June, coming back early July.... so I'm guessing it's going to be hot, hot, hot...
  • Options
    Oh NO!!!!! So you could be out there when we are!

;-)

Mx
  • Options
    Just been looking at the 'Al Qasr Madinat Jumeirah'. That's the one you're referring to right? Looks very nice, if maybe a bit different!
  • Options
    Yep that's the one we are going to - Try and get Ocean Delux room (little bit more money) but you have a fantastic view from the balcony!

Actually you being there when we are could work out just right - give someone for Dad to talk to in a bar when Mum, H and me go a shop till we drop!!

Mx
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]Yep that's the one we are going to - Try and get Ocean Delux room (little bit more money) but you have a fantastic view from the balcony!

Actually you being there when we are could work out just right - give someone for Dad to talk to in a bar when Mum, H and me go a shop till we drop!!

Mx

Hmmm, nice idea but do you think I'd get away with that on my honeymoon???

Although suddenly I'm having seconds thoughts.... where's the furthest place away from Dubai? ;-)
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    HEHE!!!! Oh come on two weeks with you on her own and you could be looking at divorce by the time you get back hon!! ;-)

Only kidding you are both very lucky to have each other!

Seriously though you will love the place.

Mx
  • Options
    04 MCS Sorry mate not very tech minded that is the best i can do seems to work for other people in the office here when they use it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]HEHE!!!! Oh come on two weeks with you on her own and you could be looking at divorce by the time you get back hon!! ;-)

Mx

It certainly looks the part

Hope to avoid see you there
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]HEHE!!!! Oh come on two weeks with you on her own and you could be looking at divorce by the time you get back hon!! ;-)

Mx[/quote]

It certainly looks the part

Hope to[strike]avoid[/strike]see you there[/quote]

Cheeky Git!

Well we will either be celebrating staying up or drowning our sorrows about being relegated - either way I can think of a better place to be for either situation!!
  • Options
    I'll be celebrating escaping all the uncles and aunties at the wedding mate...
  • Options
    To be honest - going by my brothers wedding - he didn't get to talk to half the people there - so you might just get away with it!!

Mx
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Here's hoping!!
  • Options
    Here medders

I hope Medders Senior has not arranged something for your stag do as revenge for his secret 60th mate!

Maldives and Dubai.... sounds a fantastic honeymoon mate.

5 months and counting!

See you soon.
  • Options
    there's actually a tv program shown in Dubai called 'CHARLTON TV'.
    i was out there early december and the program had gary nelson taking you on a tour of the stadium and reminiscing about his hatrick (against peterboro, i think) before showing the whole of the sheffield united game, this was a day after the fixture
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    we're going hanbury manor now so hertford or ware you talked dgy out of prince regent
    they've said pretty much all i know about the gaff
    are you in for the 26th?
    places going fast!
    dgy, ptr, wolfy, lasty, jag and jef confirmed
  • Options
    TT
    edited January 2007
    hi mate

Dubai is perfect for a couple of days, any more and you might have had enough. The Burj is amazing, but really OTT. You have your own personal butler. It's very expensive, but take a bag and steal all the hermes cosmetics! Jumariah beach is nice as well... Went last June absolutely boiling! was 48 degrees at midnight!
  • Options
    48 degrees? Holy sheet! My snowman-like skin is gonna love it!!

How's the extended break Mr T?
  • Options
    i really could not take that heat, that would finish me off !
  • Options
    48 degrees is the average temperature in Kent surely?

Isn't it?

Help.
  • Options
    Compared to Manc, it's tropical in Kent...