Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

You couldn't make it up...

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
This website seems to think that Curbishley is still the manager....

Curbs hails tough Thatcher
Friday Jan 12 2007 08:40
Charlton Athletic have completed the £500,000 capture of left-back Ben Thatcher from Manchester City.

The 31-year-old former Wales international arrives as a direct replacement for Djimi Traore, who left the Addicks on Thursday to join Portsmouth in a £1million deal.

Addicks boss Alan Curbishley feels Thatcher will give his side a more physical edge, telling the club's official website: "I feel we're going to need a tougher, harder edge if we're going to get out of this.

"I looked at Ben, saw he was available and that he would improve us. We've conceded more goals than anybody else and I feel we need a bit more dialogue in the back four.

"Ben Thatcher brings great experience and spirit to the team. He is going to be the sort of character we are going to need.

"I just feel we need to strengthen up a bit and need a bit more experience of what the Premiership is about.

"We do not need wholesale changes, just a few players to freshen things up and kick-start our season."

Read it for yourself

Comments

• Options
    Did you see The Mirror during the week? They did the same thing. Even my half asleep Missus spotted it on the train going to work.

Bottom line is that NONE of the media wants us in the 'Premiership' (your avin a larf)
  • Options
    Read the mirror? What are you insinuating...
  • Options
    Unbelievable!