Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scoham

I respect your views on a lot of the youth players, do you know much of George Porter who plays for Cray Wanderers,but has some kind of conection with Charlton?

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2010
    Feel like I've heard that name before. Looking on Google it was probably from your post on here.

Also mentioned on the OS, but only playing for Cray with the youngsters we had on loan with them.

Asked someone who knows a bit about Cray on the Football Manager forums about how much our players there played for them (Clark, Perkins and Bellamy). Just sent him a message about Porter to see if he knows anything. I think he might just keep an eye on them though, not sure he regularly gets to games or anything.
  • Options
    Actually, looking back on the FM forums, he's also asked me about Porter. He's heard he trains with us once or twice a week but doesn't know if it's true.

Porter also had a trial with Leyton Orient, played for their reserves and scored against Millwall reserves.

Another mention of him says he's been watched by a few clubs. Is apparently an attacking midfielder or striker and scores a few goals.
  • Options
    from what ive seen very raw but bags of ability
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    How old is he? Raw but talented is fine for a 16/17 year old striker isn't it?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I know he was training with us a while back, not sure if he still is.

This is only hearsay but I heard that he ruffled quite a few feathers a while back at Charlton and there was a bit of a to do with another Charlton player. As i say, only hearsay!

Edit: He is about 17, maybe still 16
  • Options
    think he is 17, i like what i've seen of him
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    He's 17/18, in my year.

Wouldn't be surprised about what Dan said either.
  • Options
    according to cray's website...

PORTER, George (Attacking Midfield). A young midfielder/forward who has come through the newly formed Academy side and has become a crowd favourite
  • Options
    How far below league football are Cray? are they below Dartford's division
  • Options
    they were in the same division as Dartford this season. Ryman premier.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just been advised George has signed a two year pro contract with Orient.